Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatherings of more than 6 people to be banned

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I thought I'd have a read of your posts. I can't remember why I have you on ignore. Most of the others on my list are either right wing loons or people with problematic behavious and obsessions that I find tiresome or depressing. Anyway....

I take the threat of Covid to the vulnerable very seriously. I agree that the government has sent so many mixed messages it has become a farce. And I agree that 'rules' are not and have never been consistently enforced or monitored.

However I also see the mortality data now not matching the cases data. This to me means the virus has probably mutated to a much less lethal variant. So the rational approach is not to impose blanket restrictions on everyone, but to let society go back to normal while providing protection (and directing the majority of the government spend towards this) for the vulnerable. Coherent, much less costly and, paradoxically, more likely to keep the vulnerable safe.

However, HMG's messages, now, can be interpreted to mean that me, in my early 60s, can lark about with five others, who can lark about with another five, so after three degrees of separation we have 125 people in close connection. That is madness.

Meanwhile, there are people on NSC who argue that HMG's guidance has been clear and logical throughout. The reason they think this is because they have made an interpretation of the guidance and its changes and have an accepting disposition and assume that by and large the best decisions are being taken on our behalf for the best reasons. Let's call this disposition a 'conservative' disposition. Unfortunately this continuous acceptance has not helped HMG focus their thoughts, so Cummings has been allowed to run riot. The numbers of deaths from Covid show that this trust is misplaced.

However, I have yet to read, not even from the most rabid Corbynite (admittedly there are few Corbynites on NSC...) a suggestion that now, months after the peak and during a period where a mutation seems likely, that martial law is required.

So, I'm not sure how your analytical and decision making processing works but it is probably best I keep you on ignore :thumbsup:

(And stay away from guns).

Many ignore you if it’s any consolation. You’re an insufferable pompous bore, aptly named because of the b ollocks you infest this board with. I went off you quicker than a bucket of prawns in the sun some time ago so happy to remain ignored. I’ve not read your post, except the opening sentence. Just doing you the courtesy of a reminding you not to waste your time. Off you feck, there’s a good gonad.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Nonsense. I have 2 teenage boys and trust me they wouldn't know who he was even if he walked into one of their house parties wearing a name badge.
Blaming Cummings is just playing party politics bullshit. If Cummings hadn't been a dishonest **** do you honestly think kids wouldn't have gone to raves?

Any one of any age who remotely followed current affairs knew what happened - and knew what should have resulted. If there was one thing that brought the country together - it was that. And anecdotally attitudes changed. And that went beyond any party politics bullshit.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
All the while the pubs/cafes/restaurants are open and those in them don't give a shit.

Really ? That's not my experience. Almost everyone I meet is very aware of social distancing - even those who sit outside cafes and pubs.

Mind you I was at the supermarket last night - and this slob was picking up and inspecting every flamin potato before putting them back. Aye carumba.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I found this an incredibly interesting, informative, and great interpretation of real facts and data. It evidences how terribly inaccurate the modelling was/is using Sweden as the control cell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uv...VyF0O4Pw-XjiCM00jMeV3k5NQbwWq3Qfs55Co6K65MXqY

The relevant graph would be one of Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.

This was covered on R5 this morning. Called “intellectual dishonesty“ by refusing to talk about the atrocious death toll in Sweden compared to all its neighbours. Normally by those in the UK who are gaslighting, with a hidden or not so hidden agenda to play down CV19 and hate governments/scientists across the world from saving lives with lockdowns.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
FFS why does everything need to be so polarised!

There's a middle ground somewhere - everyone going back to pre-covid behaviour or locking everyone up in their homes are not the only two options. An alien reading this thread might think they are!

Numbers have gone up but not exponentially, all we need to do is turn the dial from 6 to 5.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The relevant graph would be one of Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.

This was covered on R5 this morning. Called “intellectual dishonesty“ by refusing to talk about the atrocious death toll in Sweden compared to all its neighbours. Normally by those in the UK who are gaslighting, with a hidden or not so hidden agenda to play down CV19 and hate governments/scientists across the world from saving lives with lockdowns.

How many cases and deaths do Sweden have right now? How functioning is their society compared to others? The majority of their deaths were care home which they admit they had a disaster protecting.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
How many cases and deaths do Sweden have right now? How functioning is their society compared to others? The majority of their deaths were care home which they admit they had a disaster protecting.

Sweden are now allowing gatherings of up to 500 people, so obviously in a very different place to the UK

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I instinctively do not like being told what to do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

And therein in one phrase is summed up 99% of the problem, a sizeable minority of selfish people, quite probably products (even if unwittingly) of Thatcher's 'there is no such thing as society'. For this selfish 'the only thing that matters is what I want to do' brigade other people don't matter; it's not their problem - if they die, they die - it doesn't affect me.

Unfortunately, Johnson and Cummings are of the same ilk. The one word they hate and fear above all others is 'must', which is why they won't actually make ignoring covid restrictions compulsory and enforce them to any degree. It has been said on here that the police haven't got the resources to arrest large groups of people who fail to disperse; this is true, but they don't have to - just arrest two or three, fine them £3000 (deducted from wages or benefits at source) as an example. Then the message will start to get through to the more selfish, irresponsible, twattish members of society.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
IMG-20200910-WA0000.jpg

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
And therein in one phrase is summed up 99% of the problem, a sizeable minority of selfish people, quite probably products (even if unwittingly) of Thatcher's 'there is no such thing as society'. For this selfish 'the only thing that matters is what I want to do' brigade other people don't matter; it's not their problem - if they die, they die - it doesn't affect me.

Unfortunately, Johnson and Cummings are of the same ilk. The one word they hate and fear above all others is 'must', which is why they won't actually make ignoring covid restrictions compulsory and enforce them to any degree. It has been said on here that the police haven't got the resources to arrest large groups of people who fail to disperse; this is true, but they don't have to - just arrest two or three, fine them £3000 (deducted from wages or benefits at source) as an example. Then the message will start to get through to the more selfish, irresponsible, twattish members of society.

I think you are a bit confused its Johnson and Cummings doing the telling. You seem to welcome marshal law. I am not happy we are going down that road

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sweden are now allowing gatherings of up to 500 people, so obviously in a very different place to the UK

Indeed. We had 2500 at the Amex a couple of weeks ago and over 1000 at the gee gees just yesterday

#1984PoliceState

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

This is an absolutely historic suspension of civil liberties, across Europe. For an indefinite period.

You don't think we should be challenging the basis for doing it? You think I am wrong for even questioning it. You want all dissenters arrested.

**** me. We're doomed.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Right.........:moo:

Read before you reply, I would.

Sorry, what have I missed. The government (Boris) has spent the last few weeks talking about a second wave in Europe, then lo and behold we have to put more measures into place, ergo it must be those nasty foreigners that have given it to us (helps Brexit plans too)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you are a bit confused its Johnson and Cummings doing the telling. You seem to welcome marshal law. I am not happy we are going down that road
You didn't read that very well, I'm afraid. Johnson and Cummings are exactly of that selfish brigade, which is why it's not in their nature to make the restrictions genuinely compulsory. They hate the word 'must' as much as the rest of the selfish twats who think that rules are only there for the people who feel like obeying them.

You also appear to have a strange idea of martial law too. The police arresting law-breakers, taking them to court and sentences being passed by the judiciary is not martial law!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Sorry, what have I missed. The government (Boris) has spent the last few weeks talking about a second wave in Europe, then lo and behold we have to put more measures into place, ergo it must be those nasty foreigners that have given it to us (helps Brexit plans too)

Well, given international travel has fallen off a cliff, I suspect the current increase in infections is mostly homegrown.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This is an absolutely historic suspension of civil liberties, across Europe. For an indefinite period.

You don't think we should be challenging the basis for doing it? You think I am wrong for even questioning it. You want all dissenters arrested.

**** me. We're doomed.

People in Nazi Germany did everything they were told like good citizens and didn't question much (well actually they had to because protest was banned hmm).... Terrifying people think we should blindly follow everything a government tells us without challenge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here