Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatherings of more than 6 people to be banned

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I swear that some folk wait for new rules/legislation then spend half a day coming up with 'what about THIS scenario then?'

Well, scrutinising legislation and pointing out the flaws in it should really be the job of parliament. But when the PM is determined to rush out emergency legislation and changes at a whim that can't happen so it's little wonder the internet takes over. And when the PM flagrently ignores those laws, ones which his party made themselves, what's the point in trusting them anyway?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I swear that some folk wait for new rules/legislation then spend half a day coming up with 'what about THIS scenario then?'

Its not as if there are new rules either, the advice from the experts has been to limit to six people all the time, the only change is that the government have now made it law.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We need to bring it down to just 2 people per household . We can't be taking risks with this. So many people are dying from this and living on the brink of death, any risk is just pure ignorance. Those who think 6 is a good idea clearly haven't seen someone die from Covid19 yet! Pull your curtains open people and look out the window.
We're in a crisis like no other!!!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can go to my local and chat to an unlimited amount of other locals in there and thats ok but I can't now go and see my sister and family with my whole family because that's the right thing? How?

Isn’t it along the lines that in people’s homes it’s unlikely social distancing will take place and they are saying most transmissions are within homes

I do find the rules for say families meeting up in a local park of more than six a tad baffling as I’ve are told it’s less likely to be transmitted

Note I am not taking sides here

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If you're going to make a rule that limits social interaction (or rules on almost anything really), you have to draw the line somewhere.

This means you can give all manner of examples that lie just the "wrong" side of where the line has been drawn in order to try and make the rule look ridiculous.

Try ordering an Sausage and Egg McMuffin in McDonalds at 11:01. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Wait, Mcdonalds Breakfast isnt 10:30 anymore?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I can go to my local and chat to an unlimited amount of other locals in there and thats ok but I can't now go and see my sister and family with my whole family because that's the right thing? How?

Going to your local in the midst of a pandemic and chatting to an unlimited amount of locals would be a pretty dumb thing to do. As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says, just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. There is a clear upsurge in infections. We have been going to the pub but only sitting outside and socializing within our family. We have spoken to neighbours who have been sitting at a distance on other tables and there is not one person in our village who does not respect that this is the right thing to do. Maybe country folk are a little more concerned by the common good than city slickers living in the fast lane ? I put a mask on to go to the bar. I don’t want to catch Covid and give it to someone who might die. If you are determined to test the rules to the limits to try to demonstrate their absurdity then sure, they will be absurd. Instead we all could try to restrict social interaction and listen to the fact that it is deemed necessary to make any rules at all.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We need to bring it down to just 2 people per household . We can't be taking risks with this. So many people are dying from this and living on the brink of death, any risk is just pure ignorance. Those who think 6 is a good idea clearly haven't seen someone die from Covid19 yet! Pull your curtains open people and look out the window.
We're in a crisis like no other!!!!

Open your eyes to the rest of life and what shit happens ..oh and perhaps look at the latest death figures for everything including fekin covid19

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well, scrutinising legislation and pointing out the flaws in it should really be the job of parliament. But when the PM is determined to rush out emergency legislation and changes at a whim that can't happen so it's little wonder the internet takes over. And when the PM flagrently ignores those laws, ones which his party made themselves, what's the point in trusting them anyway?

As Bozza said, a line has to be drawn somewhere. Choose a number of 6, someone will want 7. It's the way we are. Same with streets/post codes for lockdowns....someone will ALWAYS kick up a fuss.

It's little wonder nations with less rebellious natures tend to fare better in such situations.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Going to your local in the midst of a pandemic and chatting to an unlimited amount of locals would be a pretty dumb thing to do. As [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says, just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. There is a clear upsurge in infections. We have been going to the pub but only sitting outside and socializing within our family. We have spoken to neighbours who have been sitting at a distance on other tables and there is not one person in our village who does not respect that this is the right thing to do. Maybe country folk are a little more concerned by the common good than city slickers living in the fast lane ? I put a mask on to go to the bar. I don’t want to catch Covid and give it to someone who might die. If you are determined to test the rules to the limits to try to demonstrate their absurdity then sure, they will be absurd. Instead we all could try to restrict social interaction and listen to the fact that it is deemed necessary to make any rules at all.

An interesting point of view - having been to Devon a couple of times to visit family I would say it was very much the opposite there. Pubs and restaurants (in very rural non-touristy areas) were acting as if nothing had happened.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove

Perhaps I'm missing something here but as I read the guidance and now the law it was not and is not alright to chat to as many people as you like. The guidance was always to avoid contact outside your group. Now its law.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
'cannon fodder' ffs get a grip
It is an apt description.

The generals who own the now empty office blocks don't give a stuff about the light brigade they are sending to charge against the packed public transport cannons. Or their elderly relatives.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Well if he wasn’t I missed it and owe an apology

No apology needed. I'm just petrified. Once we've got people under more control, we'll be halfway there to saving ourselves from this plague/Covid19. The next stage then will have to be controlling peoples opinions, but until we can control how much freedom people are allowed, people's opinions and views will still be floating around at free will causing the potential for even more Covid19 deaths.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As Bozza said, a line has to be drawn somewhere. Choose a number of 6, someone will want 7. It's the way we are. Same with streets/post codes for lockdowns....someone will ALWAYS kick up a fuss.

It's little wonder nations with less rebellious natures tend to fare better in such situations.

I'm not disagreeing with Bozza. I'm pointing out that parliament is unable to do its job properly right now and, in any case, if it could, BJ and Dom would just ignore it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Its not as if there are new rules either, the advice from the experts has been to limit to six people all the time, the only change is that the government have now made it law.

I'm pretty sure groups of more than 6 were allowed to meet as part of the rule prior to Monday?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
........if it could, BJ and Dom would just ignore it.

Now I can see why you're 'Guinness Boy', a comment such as that is pure GENIUS.

TintedConsiderateCapeghostfrog-max-1mb.gif

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
So many people are dying from this and living on the brink of death, any risk is just pure ignorance.

The death total is over exaggerated. I saw the bulletin the other day and it gave the death total. Then in small print underneath it said something like. The number of people that have died and tested positive in the preceding 28 days. So if you die of a heart attack but happen to have tested positive before, oops it is a COVID death even though COVID didn't kill you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here