Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatherings of more than 6 people to be banned

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, but what I don't understand is why the restaurant can still be open and have the same number of people at exactly the same number of tables within the same proximity of each other?

I can make a guess as to why. But if the law prohibits more than 6 in a social gathering you will unfortunately have to cancel.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes. Back to where he lives/works after having come home to the UK for whatever reason.

Which one of the list of reasons to get a test do you think allows those who are choosing to travel of their own accord to get one?

I'm sure we could all come up with "whatever reason" to get a test today, tomorrow and next week.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Is there any talk of the 30 allowed attendees being reduced further, or is it just wait and see?

Not as I understand it at Worthing Crem, 15 at Durrington Cemetery inside and 30 at the grave, the Brighton Crems' have different guidelines, all Christian churches right across the country are 30, I'm waiting for a service at the Mosque but I'd imagine it will be the same.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hadn’t realized you had contracted Covid. Apologies if I missed you explaining previously. More and more is being discovered about Long Covid and it must be galling for you to read posts by selfish, ****wit Covid deniers when you are suffering the long term effects. I wish you well in your recovery.

Thank you.

It's slightly more complex than even that! I had the classic temperature and dry cough at the end of March and it went in a few days. Since then I coughed many times a day, every day for two months and on and off for another two. My energy levels have changed markedly. However, I have never had a test because in March you had to be dying in hospital to get one.

Two things have helped greatly. Firstly honey and cider vinegar and secondly a ventolin inhaler. I had to visit a doctor for a physical exam to get the inhaler and was finally allowed one last month. The exam was outside in a "special tent" :lolol: .I asked the doc if he wanted me to wear a mask. His reply was "No - I have no doubt you've had covid, I have no doubt you're not infectious any more and I'd let you in the building!"

The inhaler saw off the last of the lung issues and I was able to go to the Chelsea game.

I feel better every day so maybe I'll be a touch less grumpy soon ( :) ) but what I had wasn't flu. It's like nothing I've ever experienced before.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
This is the government just wanting to be seen as if they're doing something.

The elephant in the room is that COVID-19 is not as bad as was first feared.

This is nothing more than a PR exercise, to somewhat satisfy those who fear it.

No, this is the government cynically wanting to distract the public from the almighty f up they are making of the Brexit "negotiations"... really suspicious timing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
This is the government just wanting to be seen as if they're doing something.

The elephant in the room is that COVID-19 is not as bad as was first feared.

This is nothing more than a PR exercise, to somewhat satisfy those who fear it.

Its certainly been bad for everyone who contracted it and those who sadly died from it.

Where they have gone wrong perhaps is each week maybe they should have clarified the situation by saying against the Covid death figures that in the same time period X people died from Cancer, Y people died from Heart Disease, Z people died from Flu, just to put some perspective on it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, we see it every day.

The death rate in healthy people has always been really low.

The initial fear was that healthy people were at risk. They're not. This is statistically backed fact right? At least any more than they are at risk of complications from the seasonal flu that we already live with.

So the elephant in the room for you is not the devastating effects it has on the elderly, vulnerable, or those with existing health conditions?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The initial fear was that healthy people were at risk. They're not.

Of death? No. Of serious, life-altering complications which we don't know how long they're going to last? Absolutely they are.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm sorry but if there is any evidence of this I would love to see it. As far as I'm aware a vast majority of healthy people make a full recovery, with most not even having any symptoms.

Exaggerating the risk of the virus is not helpful for anything.

I mean there are some cited in this very thread.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, we see it every day.

The death rate in healthy people has always been really low.

The initial fear was that healthy people were at risk. They're not. This is statistically backed fact right? At least any more than they are at risk of complications from the seasonal flu that we already live with.

Healthy people are at risk. If all healthy people get this, some will die. The percentage will be low, certainly, but a tiny percentage of millions of people is a big number. And that's assuming that those who require hospital care to be OK can get that help. If health services are overwhelmed, then people who need help may not be able to get it. And some of those will die.

Beyond that many healthy people will survive but may suffer medium-long term consequences - we don't know enough about this yet as we need more time to pass, but I'll just page [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] again.

Beyond that 2: so are you saying we should just ignore the old, the immunocomprised, the BAME community, those who have had unfortunate prior illnesses that gives them a chance of a poor Covid-19 outcome and all other manner of people who aren't lucky enough to have the young/healthy odds on their side?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its certainly been bad for everyone who contracted it and those who sadly died from it.

Where they have gone wrong perhaps is each week maybe they should have clarified the situation by saying against the Covid death figures that in the same time period X people died from Cancer, Y people died from Heart Disease, Z people died from Flu, just to put some perspective on it.

I believe the excess deaths figures are published regularly...this provides the context and perspective of the situation.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Healthy people are at risk. If all healthy people get this, some will die. The percentage will be low, certainly, but a tiny percentage of millions of people is a big number. And that's assuming that those who require hospital care to be OK can get that help. If health services are overwhelmed, then people who need help may not be able to get it. And some of those will die.

Beyond that many healthy people will survive but may suffer medium-long term consequences - we don't know enough about this yet as we need more time to pass, but I'll just page [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] again.

Beyond that 2: so are you saying we should just ignore the old, the immunocomprised, the BAME community, those who have had unfortunate prior illnesses that gives them a chance of a poor Covid-19 outcome and all other manner of people who aren't lucky enough to have the young/healthy odds on their side?

Yep - I am the ultimate tw@ on this. I thought it was overhyped. I was VERY wrong.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An overwhelming majority of healthy people from all ethnicities will make a full recovery.

I'm not saying the virus is not dangerous. Seasonal flu is dangerous. The Hong Kong flu was dangerous and killed a lot of people. But the reality is, just like all the other strains of flu, we are going to have to live with it forever.

You're embarrassing yourself.

And Covid-19 is not a strain of the flu.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I’d take issue with the ‘’it’s been bad for everyone who has contracted it’’ firstly those who test positive and yet show no symptoms...and then those who get very mild symptoms....and i mean milder than GB it’s clearly not bad for those ....but yes i agree with perspective which i think is what the OP is rather clumsily trying to convey (hard to go against the crowd)...people and I’d include me (but perhaps not you) just aren’t aware of the great numbers that die every year from various diseases ..take SEPSIS for one...and sometimes the actions against one have consequences for another ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here