Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Rowett

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On the other hand, Birmingham are challenging for promotion.

They're on the fringes of the play-offs, Fulham aren't that far behind.

Fulham is a financially stable club, still receiving parachute payments. Birmingham is a financial basket-case, with its former owner convicted of money-laundering and the club up for sale. Isn't it being run by a firm of receivers at the moment? Yes, I reckon Fulham is a bit of step-up

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Hope he's unsettled for tomorrow, done a good job at Birmingham.Hopefully Halford won't be kicking lumps out of Wilson & Hamed, and no Donaldson... happy days

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So do I, particularly as Fulham have never had a manager called Mancini.

Sorry I got confused Terry Mancini was a coach at QPR and also wanted him I think, but his manager was Ray Lewington I only know this because he lived on Epsom Downs and his young brother played for me so we saw him most Sundays. He even noticed me in the crowd at The Goldstone once during the warm up and came over and spoke to me on the east terrace. He only ever played for Fulham I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And the player did not report it!? I find that hard to believe. Would be the first thing I would do.

As I stated he did report it to his club but Brighton denied all knowledge of an insurance agent and the figures he was told were too high according to BHA but John was most adamant that the man trying to sell him insurance said ' why not ask for a transfer and a club like Brighton would be intrerested and would probably offer you X amount a week.' I believe John and am sure it happened as he had no reason to tell me of it a few days later although he knew I supported BHA. It was around about 1986/87 time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here