Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Rowett

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure they've got the message after being rebuffed over Lewis Dunk.

Exactly; must have come as a surprise to the recent Premier League club that they could be rebuffed that many times. I doubt they would pursue CH any further once they go a big fat NO

Something amiss at that club that nobody wants the job when they obviously have much more money that most Championship clubs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If/when rowett turns them down will they come for hughton...

I imagine he was first on their wish list, he will never have been their 4th choice :smile:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I was told today that Rowett won't be talking to Fulham.
With Donaldson and Cotterill out they are chasing two loan players in the next day or so.
Expecting Solomon-Otabor to start on Saturday. Talented young striker with no fear of shooting on site.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If this were true it's hard not to think Hughton hasn't featured in Fulham's plans.

I have a feeling CH would have been contacted and sounded out to see if he was interested and Chris probably said he was staying where he was.

We will never know this for sure but I think that's a relatively educated guess considering all the others they have tried to approach, seem to currently be managing teams in the top part of the Championship. The CH one probably didn't leak because the Fulham Chairman would have had Chris telephone number from when he was interviewed for the Fulham job when Symons got the job. Consequently he would not have needed to go through a third party

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
That would be considered tapping up and is illegal. They would have to go through the chairman first. If what you suggest happened I would fully expect the FA to be punishing Fulham.

True of players but I'm not sure if there are any "tapping up" rules applicable to managers and coaches.
There are lots of ways they could ascertain if Hughton would consider a move if approached. My guess is it'll are right if you're they haven't got to him yet. If he were on their list I suspect it would be in the media. Of course they are now getting increasingly desperate...............

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tappng up is not new as a personal friend who played for Fulham had a chap call to sell him insurance and suggested if he asked for a transfer and moved to another club like BHA they would offer him x amount. and was very specific on the amount. Fulham manager Mancini complained but they couldnt prove anything and BHA denied any knowledge of an 'insurance ageant' So there are many ways this can be done without it being an obvious approach to either player or a manager.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And the player did not report it!? I find that hard to believe. Would be the first thing I would do.

I think (through no inside knowledge like BG ;) ), and have always thought / assumed that this type of thing goes on ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the time tbh... I think there's a 'darker' cut-throat side to football that many fans will never see (and I'm not talking Fifa :lol:)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think (through no inside knowledge like BG ;) ), and have always thought / assumed that this type of thing goes on ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the time tbh... I think there's a 'darker' cut-throat side to football that many fans will never see (and I'm not talking Fifa :lol:)

There are presumably no rules to stop a club talking to an agent and that agent talking to his client.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There are presumably no rules to stop a club talking to an agent and that agent talking to his client.

A mate of mine plays semi pro and he's been tapped up a few times so can bet your bottom dolla it happens constantly in football. And tbf like BG says, it can be done in more 'legal' ways. It's like selling a pencil on ebay for £100 with a free ticket to the cup final... technically it's OK etc...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And the player did not report it!? I find that hard to believe.

So do I, particularly as Fulham have never had a manager called Mancini.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here