Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gary hart

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Gary Hart is also one of a select group of players to out himself as an NSCer.

I think it's only he and Guy Butters who have admitted it ... although I'm sure there have been some anonymous lurkers

Don't forget Leon Knight coming on 'to defend himself'.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Actually, if it's just about the stats, 45 goals in 373 appearances is far from great for a centre forward.

His game wasn't all about goals though, non stop running and effort, and a lot of assists too.

He wasn’t a centre forward for a big chunk of his Albion career. For much of it he was on the right side of midfield or right wing. I remember going up to see a 0-0 draw at Notts Forest where he was brilliant at right back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

D

Deleted member 2719

I love Gary Hart. As Essex lads go he is top of the list, as Brighton legends go he is pushing the top too.:bowdown:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Leek being a BHA outpost so games like Crewe,PVFC,Rotherham etc you get my drift and would go along with one or two neutrals again and again they would simple say 'why is he playing for Brighton he is far better should be playing much higher level. Class player.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Gary Hart will always be one of my favourite Albion players. Always gave his all and was a lot better a footballer than some gave him credit for. After he had retired, it was my pleasure to often bump into him as he used to come along to my school and train the kids. He was a jolly decent fellow, no airs and graces although he understandably sounded a bit cheesed off with how the end of his Albion career had gone. Suddenly we were in the huge new stadium just at the time we were parting our ways. He had a lot of affection for Poyet though and stood up for him after all the shenanigans. One of the most bizarre moments in my life was sitting beside him in a Father Christmas outfit and eating Christmas dinner. Top, top chap!

Chris45

Jul 29, 2010
Thought I saw him at B&Q Worthing last week, I'm never confident enough to ask though unfortunately.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No, he moved back to Essex, although he might watch us at Spurs.

That's right. He told me when he moved, that he had a job lined up with Glenn Hoddle's academy. I really hope it worked out for him.

True story:

About three years ago I employed someone to work on my team who lived in Bishops Stortford. He was (and still is, though I've moved on we stay in touch) a good bloke and very into his sport, particularly football and horse racing. We'd often do trips away to client site together and go running and then sink a few beers afterwards.

During the course of these conversations he told me he had five children, all daughters and that one of them was just getting into playing football. It turned out she was pretty good and was going to try out for Bishops Stortford FC. She got in and fairly soon it became clear that they needed a manager at his daughter's age level. Matey volunteered, got the job and did his badges. Then one day we were in the office.

Him - I've got a new coach working with me and the girls
Me - (half interested) oh yeah?
Him - Yes, and he used to play for Brighton
Me - (now very interested) what's his name?
Him - Gary Hart
Me - tell him I said he's a legend

Over the next few times we had post work beers we filled in the bits around this story for each other. Gary was a club coach at Bishops Stortford but also had a step daughter who was in the same age group as my colleague's daughter and therefore helped out with coaching them too. In return I supplied stories of his legendary escapades in the stripes (and turning up for £1000 and a set of tracksuits).

I left the job six months ago so cannot confirm the status after Covid, but certainly before it OGH was living on the Essex and Hertfordshire border and coaching (but no mention made of Glenn Hoddle).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
True story:

About three years ago I employed someone to work on my team who lived in Bishops Stortford. He was (and still is, though I've moved on we stay in touch) a good bloke and very into his sport, particularly football and horse racing. We'd often do trips away to client site together and go running and then sink a few beers afterwards.

During the course of these conversations he told me he had five children, all daughters and that one of them was just getting into playing football. It turned out she was pretty good and was going to try out for Bishops Stortford FC. She got in and fairly soon it became clear that they needed a manager at his daughter's age level. Matey volunteered, got the job and did his badges. Then one day we were in the office.

Him - I've got a new coach working with me and the girls
Me - (half interested) oh yeah?
Him - Yes, and he used to play for Brighton
Me - (now very interested) what's his name?
Him - Gary Hart
Me - tell him I said he's a legend

Over the next few times we had post work beers we filled in the bits around this story for each other. Gary was a club coach at Bishops Stortford but also had a step daughter who was in the same age group as my colleague's daughter and therefore helped out with coaching them too. In return I supplied stories of his legendary escapades in the stripes (and turning up for £1000 and a set of tracksuits).

I left the job six months ago so cannot confirm the status after Covid, but certainly before it OGH was living on the Essex and Hertfordshire border and coaching (but no mention made of Glenn Hoddle).

Interesting. He moved several years ago so maybe the Hoddle thing didn't work out or he moved on again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here