Gary Hart

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
previous post had the comment - i will wear the shirt again . Have my testimonial game .mind u if dean wilkings was still here i would been dropped for that as well

Hardly slagging Wendy off surely?

I think a lot of people were surprised by Wendy being relieved of the manager's role, but if those people were aware of how little he had been at the training ground for the last three months of the season and the reasons behind that absence then it would be less of a surprise.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
i haven't slagged anyone off - apart from Dean wilkins treatment but i wasn't going on about that just answering the previous question

Almost looks like an attack on Dean White. Quite what Dean White has to do with this thread im not sure though.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
As for the insults, well the "twat" was totally uncalled for, but then criticism of grammar and 'child' insults are a bit boring too. Anyway, I'll leave the fight up to you two.
Beleive me |I'll never knock anyone for their grammer. My peelings dhit. all I said was, I didn't understand a f***ing word he was on about in his reply, and I wasn't the only one!

It wasn't a grammer issue, more a crypted post issue.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I haven't read the whole of this thread but there is a lot of bollocks being written.

What everyone is forgetting is that NOW we can afford to have a few average squad back up players. So why not? Are people saying we should just let Gary go and then get in someone else average as back up. Why not keep him knowing what he can do than have someone else.

I suspect as we start to see a different outfit all together we will have to get used to the club having a bigger squad with some players there just in case, Hart and potentially Mayo are two such players. If they don't play all but a handful of games they will still be vital to the squad and the younger players in terms of experience.

I am not sure why anyone would get so cross about them being given contracts? Its not as though having them will mean we can't afford Ronaldo or whatever!! If we don't have them all it means is we need another journeyman experienced player. So whats the problem? And also I can guarantee OGH would be a damn sight more popular than some 30-odd year old from Brentford or whatever.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Cut out the grammer crap from christ sake!! If you want to read correct grammer, pick up a book. When people start using the "poor grammer" quote in their replies, it makes it look like they are trying to pad out a weak response, which I think yours is!

Most people on this thread don't really want him to stay. Maybe not 'everybody', but read past the "poor grammer" cause if you going to base your arguments on that, I won't bother responding to you anymore. In my opinion, "he aint good enough" END OFF! They like me, probably have nothing personal against Gary Hart, and no doubt most will be at Withdean on Saturday to honour him, something I think he fully deserves for he great service over the years, but just don't think its a positive move for the club to offer him a new contract.

The fact Gary Hart has spoken to someone he's meet at the Marina, and said anything at all negative towards Wilkins, is very unprofessional on his part. Also I would say not to clever either, if he's serious about getting a new contract with us.

How can you have sympathy with him?? I think your getting a bit carried away here. It normal for footballers to be released, and move onto other clubs. It goes with the job, he's not forced out, he's just surplus to requirements. He had a contract to do a job, and it expired. That's hardly the same as being forced out of a job by someone. For god sake, "KEEP IT REAL"

Of course, if he knew if was going to end in this binfest, I'm sure he'd have tried to keep better counsel. However, it was a private conversation, which certainy didn't need to end up on here.

He is a professional footballer looking for work. The fact that he has been here 10 years should not blind us to the fact that that should automatically preclude him from getting another contract. It's clear you don't think he's up to the job. At least have the courtesy to allow other to disagree.

Me, I'm still in two minds about retaining him. Put it this way - if he'd had 10 decent years at, say, Bournemouth or Millwall where he was much appreciated, would we still be saying 'no good - don't want him...'?

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Now I f***ing totally lost? Put your crayons down, and type slowly and read it back before you post it!

Fair enough, but when you criticise others for their inability to explain things and use of English, then surely people it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
i know all the facts regarding Ian and how he left - what was the problem with gary's programme - please tell

You must be joking.

You want me to tell all and sundry everything about what I may or may not know, all the while you think you know everything about Wilkins and Chapman, and Dick Knight - without giving any recourse to backing up your fantasy-laden, one-sided claims?

Pull the other one.

You come clean with your stories, apart from the puerile, pathetic 'Dick tells lies...', 'Dean was shat on from a great height' non-story fairy tales, and I might consider letting you know about OGH's programme. Deal?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
True, but in the abscence of Currie is Cox going to play on the left again this season? Jake is not a winger, and finding his best position will be a challenge for MA. The new boy McLeod seems to have made a positive impression and I am looking forward to seeing him, but who knows if he is the long term solution to the right midfield position? If not, there are some games where I would play Jake ahead of OGH, and others, such as opposition where the tackles are likely to be flying in, where the opposite is true.

Whing is first choice right back, not sure who is second choice, it could be El Abd, Virgo (after all that is where Gordon Strachan intended to play him but it did not seem to work out that way), or OGH.
I think it is a tenuous claim that Hart could be picked above El-Abd or Virgo at rightback. McCleod will play and the left, Cox on the right, Robinson offers as much as Hart does as backup both on the wing and up front.

previous post had the comment - i will wear the shirt again . Have my testimonial game .mind u if dean wilkings was still here i would been dropped for that as well

with regards to what he told someone down the marina about the deciding factor was that Dean had left the club - yes dean had released him - then Dean was shit on from a great height

Maybe your precious Wilkins wasn't shit upon from such a great a height as you claim? Comments from the players (both still here and departed) would suggest that Wilkins wasn't quite as good at ALL aspects of being a manager as is required at a professional football club?

If your quote from Gary hart is true then I think that says more about Wilkins being a vindictive manager more than anything negative about Hart. Shows OGH has a sense of humour too.

Finally. Get over it-your precious Wilkins is no longer at the club and by all accounts it seems that a number of players are none too upset about that and that's good enough for me. Strange how morale seems to have improved since Wendy was shown the door...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I haven't read the whole of this thread but there is a lot of bollocks being written.

What everyone is forgetting is that NOW we can afford to have a few average squad back up players. So why not? Are people saying we should just let Gary go and then get in someone else average as back up. Why not keep him knowing what he can do than have someone else.

I suspect as we start to see a different outfit all together we will have to get used to the club having a bigger squad with some players there just in case, Hart and potentially Mayo are two such players. If they don't play all but a handful of games they will still be vital to the squad and the younger players in terms of experience.

I am not sure why anyone would get so cross about them being given contracts? Its not as though having them will mean we can't afford Ronaldo or whatever!! If we don't have them all it means is we need another journeyman experienced player. So whats the problem? And also I can guarantee OGH would be a damn sight more popular than some 30-odd year old from Brentford or whatever.

The way I see it we allready have enough back up players who can do a job, If we really want to move on as a club then we should be signing players who are good enough to be pushing for a place in the starting eleven and putting pressure on those who are there.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
McLeod plays on the left, and I imagine will have that position sewn up all season. So no, I don't think Cox's talents will be WASTED on the left any longer. Cox will be on the right, or maybe even at times in the middle, but never on the left in my opinion. We've also got Robinson and Loft as back-ups here. Now I'm not saying they're great players, but are they really any worse than Hart? As I said, if we can get someone in to challenge Cox's position then great, but I see no point in wasting money on mediocre back-up.

As for right-back, I would imagine you're right that Whing will start and I'd expect both El Abd and Virgo to be ahead of Hart in the pecking order. It really only leaves striker as a position he could get a game in, purely because our current reserves are so abysmal.

Fair enough, I personally think that central midfield alongside Thompson, and left back are the areas we should be prioritising, and hope that MA is going to spring a surprise on us for those gaps.

However, the relatively poor wages on offer will have an impact on the quality of players who can play in those positions.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
McLeod plays on the left, and I imagine will have that position sewn up all season. So no, I don't think Cox's talents will be WASTED on the left any longer. Cox will be on the right, or maybe even at times in the middle, but never on the left in my opinion. We've also got Robinson and Loft as back-ups here. Now I'm not saying they're great players, but are they really any worse than Hart? As I said, if we can get someone in to challenge Cox's position then great, but I see no point in wasting money on mediocre back-up.

As for right-back, I would imagine you're right that Whing will start and I'd expect both El Abd and Virgo to be ahead of Hart in the pecking order. It really only leaves striker as a position he could get a game in, purely because our current reserves are so abysmal.

As wide players, they will spend many times during the game swapping wings. They did yesterday, for instance.

For what it's worth, and there's no way I'm judging a player on one half of a game, I thought McLeod lazy. He wasn't the worst protagonist on that score, but when he did have the ball, he was very good, but he didn't make himself available for it when he didn't. However, I've heard great things about him, so I'm not overly concerned.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Fair enough, but when you criticise others for their inability to explain things and use of English, then surely people it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
|Maybe, but usually I would say I don't understand, please explain a bit clearer, but when I have just been called a twat, by someone with a track record of doing it, and by someone who clearly (and not for the first time) hadn't read my entire post, and then not backing up their argument, I do welcome in Mr Sarcasim.

If I'm going to call someone a twat, I'm at least ready to back it up if I get some comeback.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
You must be joking.

You want me to tell all and sundry everything about what I may or may not know, all the while you think you know everything about Wilkins and Chapman, and Dick Knight - without giving any recourse to backing up your fantasy-laden, one-sided claims?

Pull the other one.

You come clean with your stories, apart from the puerile, pathetic 'Dick tells lies...', 'Dean was shat on from a great height' non-story fairy tales, and I might consider letting you know about OGH's programme. Deal?

As i have said i would love to tell all but what i know is not too be shared - What has Ian upset Gary over his testimonial - not bad considering Dick Knight said he would give Ian a testimonial and never has - people on here have been going on about how the players feel about being released - well ian had just received player of the season when he was released and was forced to retire a year later - some players that are still able to play into their 30's want to think themselves lucky

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Mr B, as already stated I agree with your sentiments about retaining Harty, but for the sake of your health and that of your adversaries on this board I think you should SHUT THE f*** UP now. :D

barney

Jul 31, 2006
|Maybe, but usually I would say I don't understand, please explain a bit clearer, but when I have just been called a twat, by someone with a track record of doing it, and by someone who clearly (and not for the first time) hadn't read my entire post, and then not backing up their argument, I do welcome in Mr Sarcasim.

If I'm going to call someone a twat, I'm at least ready to back it up if I get some comeback.

stop panicking that you were called a twat.. you'll be alright lad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports