Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I simply said he's got good enough anymore in my opinion, and I'll reapeat, from the looks of this thread, many other peoples opinions. But come on, trying to stop him getting a job and abusing him, as WW stated, is a little more than pathetic don't you think?

I agree that the name calling is unnecessary, but some of your comments, such as

"The bottom line is, nobody wants him here anymore." and "He won't play, 'cause he aint good enough. END OFF." are inflammatory (as well as being grammatically poor) and provocative.

I don't think anyone is expecting OGH to be the first name on the teamsheet next season, but if MA thinks he can add something to the squad, having seen him in pre-season training (for which, remember he is not being paid), then let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think we will struggle to get a hugely better player who is willing to come to the club for the money that is on offer, that is all, and the money factor is something the OGH critics seem to be ignoring.

My personal view is that OGH has not been 'moaning to anyone who will listen' about Wendy. He has lost his job, and as someone who has been forced out of a job myself by the actions of others, I have some sympathy with his position. His comments are very mild if you actually read and quote them.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I agree that the name calling is unnecessary, but some of your comments, such as

"The bottom line is, nobody wants him here anymore." and "He won't play, 'cause he aint good enough. END OFF." are inflammatory (as well as being grammatically poor) and provocative.

I don't think anyone is expecting OGH to be the first name on the teamsheet next season, but if MA thinks he can add something to the squad, having seen him in pre-season training (for which, remember he is not being paid), then let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think we will struggle to get a hugely better player who is willing to come to the club for the money that is on offer, that is all, and the money factor is something the OGH critics seem to be ignoring.

My personal view is that OGH has not been 'moaning to anyone who will listen' about Wendy. He has lost his job, and as someone who has been forced out of a job myself by the actions of others, I have some sympathy with his position. His comments are very mild if you actually read and quote them.

but do we even need him as a squad player? you only need two players for each position.. and where hart could play, we already have two for each of those

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
On the footballing stuff, I'm with Mr Burns all the way. Players don't go on forever, and it's the progressive and ambitious clubs that know when to release a once great player instead of letting them carry on pointlessly.

On the insults, I think calling someone a "child" repeatedly is a tad pathetic considering he's quite obviously not a child.
And I will contiinue to call him a child, until he can he man enough to explain his comments! After praising Harty, but going on to say I don't think he good enough is one thing. But to be acussed off QUOTE "stop someone getting a job by abusing them on an internet forum" and being called a twat, isn't something a grown up would do is it, and then go silent when asked to explain. So until he proves in his insults to me that he isn't a child, I can only go by his childish quotes!

And by the way, judging by his earlier post, that fact you agree with me on the footballing side, probably makes you a twat in his eyes as well, because I never attack Harty, in fact the total opposite, I like you, just dont think he's good enough for us anymore, and that's what got the child Wanderer going on his little childish rant:D

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would like to say that Harty has not conducted himself well twice recently - firstly slagging Dean off because he wasn't picked and secondly why speak to a fan down the marina and say that about a contract - i'm sure Dick won't be impressed with that - i would also like to say thankyou to Dean Wilkins - Kerry Mayo - Sam Rents and Guy Butters - they have all left the club and not slagged anyone off - true proffessional - unlike Paul Reid and Gary Hart

Well, you're completely wrong on that score.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
but do we even need him as a squad player? you only need two players for each position.. and where hart could play, we already have two for each of those

That is a fair comment. Perhaps MA thinks that OGH's utility skills as a striker/RM and RFB are higher up the pecking order than some of us.

Out of interest, who do people think is going to be our first choice reserve striker? MA has mentioned Adam Virgo, but he has not played up front for three years.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Where exactly has OGH slagged Wendy off?

previous post had the comment - i will wear the shirt again . Have my testimonial game .mind u if dean wilkings was still here i would been dropped for that as well

with regards to what he told someone down the marina about the deciding factor was that Dean had left the club - yes dean had released him - then Dean was shit on from a great height and offerred a coaching job under the person who had previously been his assistant (Dean White) - Dean Wilkins leaves the club that is when Harty's deciding factor came in - the fact that Dean Wilkins would not be anywhere at the club - it baffles me how Dean White seems to be assistant manager and keep his job but previously both manager and asstistant have been sacked - Dean White must be a very popular person with Dick and all the board !!! i always used to sit in the South stand and watch Dean talk to Ian just as much if not more about the game than Dean White - perhaps that may have put his nose out a bit - just an idea!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
That is a fair comment. Perhaps MA thinks that OGH's utility skills as a striker/RM and RFB are higher up the pecking order than some of us.

Out of interest, who do people think is going to be our first choice reserve striker? MA has mentioned Adam Virgo, but he has not played up front for three years.

He did on Saturday so would expect Virgo.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
previous post had the comment - i will wear the shirt again . Have my testimonial game .mind u if dean wilkings was still here i would been dropped for that as well

with regards to what he told someone down the marina about the deciding factor was that Dean had left the club - yes dean had released him - then Dean was shit on from a great height and offerred a coaching job under the person who had previously been his assistant (Dean White) - Dean Wilkins leaves the club that is when Harty's deciding factor came in - the fact that Dean Wilkins would not be anywhere at the club - it baffles me how Dean White seems to be assistant manager and keep his job but previously both manager and asstistant have been sacked - Dean White must be a very popular person with Dick and all the board !!! i always used to sit in the South stand and watch Dean talk to Ian just as much if not more about the game than Dean White - perhaps that may have put his nose out a bit - just an idea!!

Wondered how long a thread about Hart would change into you slagging off someone.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You're re-writing history. Ian Chapman wasn't assigned or offered a different role. Nor was he sacked. He resigned.

Perhaps you might want to ask why OGH's testimonial programme was late in coming out, for example.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think we need to sign a new player just to be back-up to the back-up. A youngster can more than fill that role. There's no way we should be paying THREE experienced right-wingers. If we can bring in someone better than Cox and Robinson then great, let's do it, but if we can't then I don't think we really need further depth in that position. Spend the money where we need it!

True, but in the abscence of Currie is Cox going to play on the left again this season? Jake is not a winger, and finding his best position will be a challenge for MA. The new boy McLeod seems to have made a positive impression and I am looking forward to seeing him, but who knows if he is the long term solution to the right midfield position? If not, there are some games where I would play Jake ahead of OGH, and others, such as opposition where the tackles are likely to be flying in, where the opposite is true.

Whing is first choice right back, not sure who is second choice, it could be El Abd, Virgo (after all that is where Gordon Strachan intended to play him but it did not seem to work out that way), or OGH.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Cut out the grammer crap from christ sake!! If you want to read correct grammer, pick up a book. When people start using the "poor grammer" quote in their replies, it makes it look like they are trying to pad out a weak response, which I think yours is!

Most people on this thread don't really want him to stay. Maybe not 'everybody', but read past the "poor grammer" cause if you going to base your arguments on that, I won't bother responding to you anymore. In my opinion, "he aint good enough" END OFF! They like me, probably have nothing personal against Gary Hart, and no doubt most will be at Withdean on Saturday to honour him, something I think he fully deserves for he great service over the years, but just don't think its a positive move for the club to offer him a new contract.

The fact Gary Hart has spoken to someone he's meet at the Marina, and said anything at all negative towards Wilkins, is very unprofessional on his part. Also I would say not to clever either, if he's serious about getting a new contract with us.

How can you have sympathy with him?? I think your getting a bit carried away here. It normal for footballers to be released, and move onto other clubs. It goes with the job, he's not forced out, he's just surplus to requirements. He had a contract to do a job, and it expired. That's hardly the same as being forced out of a job by someone. For god sake, "KEEP IT REAL"

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
You're re-writing history. Ian Chapman wasn't assigned or offered a different role. Nor was he sacked. He resigned.

Perhaps you might want to ask why OGH's testimonial programme was late in coming out, for example.

i know all the facts regarding Ian and how he left - what was the problem with gary's programme - please tell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here