15047604.jpg

Funny though that picture is, IS IT FRIDAY??!:angry::angry:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nah.Think the word your looking for is xenophobia

As that's the UNREASONABLE hatred of foreigners it's hardly much different to racism. It's also the hated of all things strange or I gues you must hate yourself ?:thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
As that's the UNREASONABLE hatred of foreigners it's hardly much different to racism. It's also the hated of all things strange or I gues you must hate yourself ?:thumbsup:

It took you long enough to look it up.The trouble is,you have just made yourself look a bigger prick.Good try though.

As with all phobias, a xenophobic person is aware of the fear, and therefore has to genuinely think or believe at some level that the target is in fact a foreigner. This arguably separates xenophobia from racism and ordinary prejudice in that someone of a different race does not necessarily have to be of a different nationality. In various contexts, the terms "xenophobia" and "racism" seem to be used interchangeably, though they can have wholly different meanings (xenophobia can be based on various aspects, racism being based solely on race and ancestry).

Funny though that picture is, IS IT FRIDAY??!:angry::angry:

See, it's exactly this kind of nanny state, small minded fascism that makes this board something akin to 1930's german state radio (oh god, what have I started now?) In Wild Years Towers every day is animals dressing up day. Chill out for god's sake.:rant::rant:

Although this one needs to try a smaller size.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 137

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It took you long enough to look it up.The trouble is,you have just made yourself look a bigger prick.Good try though.

As with all phobias, a xenophobic person is aware of the fear, and therefore has to genuinely think or believe at some level that the target is in fact a foreigner. This arguably separates xenophobia from racism and ordinary prejudice in that someone of a different race does not necessarily have to be of a different nationality. In various contexts, the terms "xenophobia" and "racism" seem to be used interchangeably, though they can have wholly different meanings (xenophobia can be based on various aspects, racism being based solely on race and ancestry).

Ok, so how does that alter the fact that I reckon if you took a cross section of society, reiterate your thoughts to them, most would think you were a racist tosser?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That's it. This place has finally gone to the dogs. :thumbsup::clap2::banana:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

A prick I maybe but some of us have work to do between posts and hence my delay. I also don't go about attacking people who had the guts to go and try and find a living themselves - regardless of how it ended up. I note you managed to swerve my question about how many businesses you've run / owned !!!!

Regardless what definition or word you choose to use you're still an absolute c*nt. Quite why you think it's OK to be xenophobic and you object to being called something equally disgusting like a racist is beyond me.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I haven't been this entertained by OGH since he once had a strop and then dived at Withers - and got the opposing left back sent off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Using long words in the wrong context, makes nobody big or clever.

Firstly, a true phobia, is by definition 'irrational'. Persons such as yourself use the 'phobia' suffix glibly, and in these particular cases, the term takes on an accepted second definition. It used in a non-medical sense to describe negative attitudes or prejudices towards the named subjects. Note the use of the term 'subject' as opposed to your chosen term of 'TARGET'.

Truly, 'xenophobia' is a FEAR of foreigners, or foreign things, not a predjudice or hatred of them.

Arguing the toss about the difference between your 'xenophobia' and the generally accepted definition of 'racism' is merely semantics.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's a whole different kettle of fish. Are the Jews a nation or a race? If you hate them is that xenophobic or racist?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Possibly. And we've still got Big Gully to come back and repeat his stuff about 'absurd claims' another 26 times.

This one will run and run.

It was your initial claim which was responded to by me.

I gotta say I always thought you slightly odd, but felt that it was fair to have some passionate debates with you, however even I couldnt join in the vitriol thats come your way and by people that claim to know you, although I always suspected your insulting sudden outbursts always gave you away I am afraid.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
That's a whole different kettle of fish. Are the Jews a nation or a race? If you hate them is that xenophobic or racist?

Or even followers of a religion ? If so what's the word for the hatred of a religion ? Either way I'm sure it applies to my little xenophhobic racist friend ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't mix up snidey little asides with vitriol BiGully.

The only vitriol has been between Algie and Alan himself.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Or even followers of a religion ? If so what's the word for the hatred of a religion ? Either way I'm sure it applies to my little xenophhobic racist friend ???

That's a very good point - NSC's resident fuckwits are always playing the "ah but exactly what is racism, what is xenophobia?" card. (I reckon they get it bummed into them at some smelly, unmistakably homoerotic leather-jacketed little meeting.) Because either way, he's precisely nothing more than a cretinous and pitiably sad little thicko, a stain on this board not to mention this planet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports