Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary glitter found guilty

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Will he be doing the Brighton Centre this Christmas?
Nah, either the next Christmas number 1, or Britain's entry to Eurovision, I guess. Can't allow any prejudice against sexual deviation these days, can we? Boys will be boys .......... or girls .......... or both ............or just bloody nuisances, whatever. It's their rights, innit.

Glitter is still a nonce though.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nah, either the next Christmas number 1, or Britain's entry to Eurovision, I guess. Can't allow any prejudice against sexual deviation these days, can we? Boys will be boys .......... or girls .......... or both ............or just bloody nuisances, whatever. It's their rights, innit.

Lumping non binary genders in with Paedophiles.

Now, I’m rather cynical about the recent gender culture wars but even I know that’s a bit much, mate.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

WTF?
Were you drunk when you wrote that?
Clearly we haven't seen the back of lumping anyone not heterosexual together with paedophiles.

I will admit that back in the day he was one of the best at his gigs and his Xmas Gang Show Brighton show was brilliant. They used to the film of the town ( as it was then ) before he came on stage, and it sold out in hours normally .
Sadly I recall he put on a good show. Not a patch on Slade though.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sadly I recall he put on a good show. Not a patch on Slade though.
Agreed Norman but with one caveat, with Noddy involved, made a schoolboy error well into my thirties at the Pavilion Worthing of going to see Dave Hill and Don Powell flogging a dead horse, it was like Ringo and a session band claiming they were the Beatles.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I will admit that back in the day he was one of the best at his gigs and his Xmas Gang Show Brighton show was brilliant. They used to the film of the town ( as it was then ) before he came on stage, and it sold out in hours normally .
Saw his show at the Dome. Sadly different times.
Was very surprised to see the Glitter Band playing in Lewes a year or so back. Would have thought they would have changed their name but guess it was all the old GG hits they played.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
WTF?
Were you drunk when you wrote that?
Clearly we haven't seen the back of lumping anyone not heterosexual together with paedophiles.
No, not drunk - and certain;y not serious. Can't believe anyone was stupid enough to get sucked in!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jesus wept. Did you actually think about this dribble before you wrote it?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Saw his show at the Dome. Sadly different times.
Was very surprised to see the Glitter Band playing in Lewes a year or so back. Would have thought they would have changed their name but guess it was all the old GG hits they played.
I wouldn't have thought so. They had enough top twenty hits under their own name.

A number of years ago I had hosted a show on local radio. One Saturday I went in and the previous presenter was playing a track and had a guest with them. 'Do you remember the Glitter Band ?' I was asked. 'Yes, but I wasn't into them' I responded. 'This is Pete Phipps from the Glitter Band' she introduced. I hastily concocted a response about actually quite liking their later stuff...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here