Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker is very under rated

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There was a period of about 15-20 minutes in the first half where Dicker was running the entire game. One of our best passers of the ball.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Told everyone on here the other day. We are a much better team with Gary Dicker

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Same as always, great on the ball, terrible off it. In a game like this where we were never chasing or in need of stepping it up a gear against mediocre opposition he will shine, but stick him in a game like Palace at home last season where Palace dominated him in midfield and it is clear to see he is not worthy of a regular starting spot, especially in the middle of the park, I think there is genuine scope in playing him out wide in the barnes role however, he can deliver a very good ball at times.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Never been a fan of Dicker, but even I can admit he had a great game today. Let's hope he can challenge Crofts and Hammond who have been sub par most of the season IMO.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When he's good he's very very good. When he's not, he's a waste of space. I'd say it's a toss up as to which one we are going to get when he plays at this level.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Always been one of our best ball users/passers,he is under-rated, but not by Gus,which is all that matters at the moment.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
When you are playing Bridcutt, Hammond and Dicker in a midfield diamond Dicker is the creative player always looking for the positve forward pass. His passing is always neat and crisp. I really like Dicker in the side, the only negative is his lack of pace but with Hammond and Bridcutt around him they can cover.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Often gets slagged off on here but for me our Midfield is soo much better with him in the side. He does nothing fancy but knows our system better than anyone. Allows our midfield to play with fluency, hope he gets a long run in the side now.

Are you Gus in disguise?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Same as always, great on the ball, terrible off it. In a game like this where we were never chasing or in need of stepping it up a gear against mediocre opposition he will shine, but stick him in a game like Palace at home last season where Palace dominated him in midfield and it is clear to see he is not worthy of a regular starting spot, especially in the middle of the park, I think there is genuine scope in playing him out wide in the barnes role however, he can deliver a very good ball at times.

Thoughtful comment to an important thread

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here