Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker is very under rated

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Often gets slagged off on here but for me our Midfield is soo much better with him in the side. He does nothing fancy but knows our system better than anyone. Allows our midfield to play with fluency, hope he gets a long run in the side now.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I agree.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
true, but the problem is he has off games and then can be a big liability.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I often think he's a boring choice and doesn't offer much but he's had a good game today so well done to him. Certainly deserving of a place ahead of Crofts on current form

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He was fantastic at Withdean at L1 level but other than his great short passing, has generally flopped in the Championship.

But still youngish, played a blinder today, and had surprising match stamina despite a lack of games.

Needs to repeat this regularly now to justify a future,

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
I thought he looked sharp and is probably the most creative of all our central midfielders. Harried there players and made some good challenges as well today. Hope he can continue this form because he could be a great player.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm first in the queue when it comes to sticking the boot into our defensive midfield.

Not today.

Dicker may well be the answer, as per the thread a few days ago.

We had such a better shape today, than for a very long time.
Bridcutt had the room to be Bridcutt.
Hammond played well.
Dicker was the furthest playing close to the front line.
While Barnes and esp Orlandi were able to get at Newcastle, along with Dave and Bridge.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I thought he looked sharp and is probably the most creative of all our central midfielders. Harried there players and made some good challenges as well today. Hope he can continue this form because he could be a great player.

Thought Dicker was excellent today. Have accused him of slowing play down in the past, but today he was always looking to go forward and move it quickly. Hammond was the one who slowed it down today and because of that kept getting caught on the ball. Barnes good first half shocking second.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Absolutely - Luckily Gus appreciates what he does for the team, so I would expect him to feature far more heavily in the second half of the season.

Would be interesting to see our win/loss record with or without Dicker as for the last 3 years we seem to play better and gain better results with him in it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They all played well today, we look like we're beginning to get back into form again......the magic combination.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Often gets slagged off on here but for me our Midfield is soo much better with him in the side. He does nothing fancy but knows our system better than anyone. Allows our midfield to play with fluency, hope he gets a long run in the side now.

I don't always agree with u mister .. But although the team played well I think u r right to single out Dicker.. He played really well especially as he hasn't played a full match for som time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here