Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Barlow OBE !!!!!!!!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have seen it and I understand what you're saying, most of the time you've only ever heard of one or two on the entire list of people. It's the MBEs that seem to go to the normal folk. But OBE's seem to be reserved for the professors, doctors, business leaders and oddly, certain celebrities.

Really? ???

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_202133.pdf

From page 19 onwards for OBEs. There's a fair few "normal" people on that list...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Can we get that Cleveland bus driver over here to work his magic on Barlow?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Watch out the NSC bandwagon is rolling

I actually think he is more deserving than a lot that get it. Has done endless work for charitys.

I wonder how many of those moaning dont do anything for charity

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wait until the Complete Badger sees this thread, it will become a pringle experience

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I actually think he is more deserving than a lot that get it. Has done endless work for charitys.

Loads of people do work for chairity. Jimmy Savile did loads for charity fgs! Barlow's talent is mediocre at best and as far as I'm concerned nobody who conducts their tax affairs in the manner he does should be receiving an award from this country. Oh, and just out of pure interest can you tell me what he does fo charity please? 'cos going through his wikipedia page his list of charity work seems to entail nothing but either charging people to attend gala's and watch him perform or getting a load of "celebrity's" into a venue that they pay for.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Loads of people do work for chairity. Jimmy Savile did loads for charity fgs! Barlow's talent is mediocre at best and as far as I'm concerned nobody who conducts their tax affairs in the manner he does should be receiving an award from this country. Oh, and just out of pure interest can you tell me what he does fo charity please? 'cos going through his wikipedia page his list of charity work seems to entail nothing but either charging people to attend gala's and watch him perform or getting a load of "celebrity's" into a venue that they pay for.

google it , far to much for me to bullet point

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
google it , far to much for me to bullet point

I mean I saw that one of his charitable ventures was part of the tax avoidance scheme but other than that seems a lot of showbiz parties.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The thing I don't really get, is that there are soooooo many people who work their nuts off for charity when they haven't got a pot to piss in. Not to belittle the work which Gary Barlow has done (which has been admirable) - but I'd love to see not one single celebrity on that list for a change and the awards given to ordinary people for a change.
spot on.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The whole honours system should be scrapped. I have no strong feelings about Gary Barlow either way - I have no idea what he has done apart from Take That and X Factor - if it is for charity work then his reward should be in his efforts and the difference he has made.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hasn't he been rewarded enough for his meagre talents? So he writes fairly bland, uninspired pop gubbins? Isn't he involved in one of those tax schemes where he hardly paysd a f***ing penny back into this country but a charity single and flashing his chubby grin around the Paralympics and he gets another reward? I weep for the future.

My thoughts exactly.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

If I had loads and loads of money and stacks of time on my hands I'm sure I'd do endless work for charities (note correct spelling here). If you're a so called celebrity, doing charity stuff raises your profile even further so it's good for your record sales, book sales, whatever. Believe me, it's never done for purely altruistic reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here