Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Gardeners Question Time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Love seeing the progress!

I can't even bring myself to show you all the 'round the corner' bit - that's a proper shiteshow.

It occurred to me the 4 months might have been me trying to give myself some false credit.
But it is actually 4 months almost to the day.
To the garden you can add gutting the house, decorating 2 bedrooms, stripping the landing and stairs.
Plus having a new bathroom fitted.

I've genuinely surprised myself.

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I can't even bring myself to show you all the 'round the corner' bit - that's a proper shiteshow.

It occurred to me the 4 months might have been me trying to give myself some false credit.
To the garden you can add gutting the house, decorating 2 bedrooms, striping the landing and stairs.

Blue and white striping, hopefully?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

To the garden you can add gutting the house, decorating 2 bedrooms, stripping the landing and stairs.

And you have a full time job as well? If so, credit!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you go for Astrantias, for approximately 2m2, you will need 11 plants. I was taught always to plant odd numbers! They easily divide, so you can save money buy buying perhaps 4 nice plants and cut through the root balls to make 3 or 4 plants from each. They will soon grow.
I hope I'm not teaching my Grandmother to suck eggs?!

Agreed on the odd numbers bit

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m going for no mow June on my postage stamp sized front lawn

969DDD50-75DC-43D0-9DB2-B247D17F5704.jpeg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Finished off our mini tour of English places with RHS Wisley. Never visited there before, it’s amazing with the best nursery store ever. We came across a Heron surreptitiously managing their fish population.

2DEB6264-A039-4A60-896C-5842C4612FDC.jpeg

967F2A02-DB38-4AF3-855A-AAB6ED2B0CD8.png

957689E3-A77E-4D5B-8838-7C82140A45DE.jpeg

Most perennials hadn’t yet flowered, I guess the gardens will be in their pomp in July.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Finished off our mini tour of English places with RHS Wisley. Never visited there before, it’s amazing with the best nursery store ever. We came across a Heron surreptitiously managing their fish population.

View attachment 148578

View attachment 148579

View attachment 148580

Most perennials hadn’t yet flowered, I guess the gardens will be in their pomp in July.

I love Wisley too, and I know Jevs does aswell. It's a great day out, which ever time of year. There's always lots to see, even in the middle of winter, and that doesn't even include the glasshouses.
The perrenials will indeed look at their best at the end of July.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I love Wisley too, and I know Jevs does aswell. It's a great day out, which ever time of year. There's always lots to see, even in the middle of winter, and that doesn't even include the glasshouses.

Sounds great.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The tropical and temperate glasshouses reminded me of [MENTION=4573]Green Cross Code Man[/MENTION]’s Eastbourne jungle :)

42306A10-29CC-42DB-A7E8-7C3175947F3A.png

013B1CE6-2B16-4FB0-B404-8678EAE3BD77.png

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Wonderful photos of Wisley....probably one of my favourite places on earth.

Went to Kew on Thursday. Apart from being treated to the jubilee fly past, I took a tour on the electric train and saw parts of Kew ive not seen in 40 years of going.
Well worth the trip.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wonderful photos of Wisley....probably one of my favourite places on earth.

Went to Kew on Thursday. Apart from being treated to the jubilee fly past, I took a tour on the electric train and saw parts of Kew ive not seen in 40 years of going.
Well worth the trip.

Sounds great.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The self seeded Valerian has surpassed itself this year by giving me the white form. Just set itself a treat in-between the slabs and then growing up behind the pots.IMG_20220605_204526-min.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here