Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garcia's reasons for leaving (from today's Argus, per Andy Naylor)

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I thought he was still under contract.

Sorry am I missing something? I am pretty sure Oscar resigned from his position (left by mutual consent...the club accepted his resignation), he wasnt let go by bloom. So he was still under contract...right up to the point his resignation was accepted and his contract was cancelled by agreement from both parties.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Sorry am I missing something? I am pretty sure Oscar resigned from his position (left by mutual consent...the club accepted his resignation), he wasnt let go by bloom for nothing. So he was still under contract...right up to the point his resignation was accepted and his contract was cancelled by agreement from both parties.

Edit

I might be misunderstanding what you point is so apologies if so.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think the point I was trying to make was that if OG was under contract and he wanted to resign from it then the Albion could/should be due some compensation, esp if he joins another club. However, it seems they have waived this and allowed him to just leave and join another club. It was just a point that players can't just up and leave for nothing during a contract, nor should managers.

I think the point I was trying to make was that if OG was under contract and he wanted to resign from it then the Albion could/should be due some compensation, esp if he joins another club. However, it seems they have waived this and allowed him to just leave and join another club. It was just a point that players can't just up and leave for nothing during a contract, nor should managers.
But if the manager wants to go and the Club is happy for him to go, than "mutual agreement" is a much better outcome for all parties (including the fans) than an unseemly squabble about money.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Correct - and clubs can do it with players if the player and the club agree, most of the time it is players who choose not to, largely because it's guaranteed income.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This. He clearly has a job lined up. I wasn't a fan but in my opinion he was hampered massively by a slow defence. It meant having to play two deep midfielders to cover and no springing into the oppo area. IMHO that's where we need to focus on improving.

He doesn't have a job lined up (or didn't when he decided to leave).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here