Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaming laptop - advice/recommendations

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Install classic shell and its just like using windows 7. I uses ninite which will install and update mltiple programmes at the same time whilst clicking no to the adaware toolbars etc.

http://ninite.com/

would also recomment pokki - brings back start menu and adds favourites. slightly different to the normal windows 7 stuff, but i personally think its a bit better

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not yet, other (apparently more important) things have dominated my laptop browsing time this evening, will definitely make sure I check them though!

I do find myself wondering how many of the people in this thread use Steam...hmmm.

Me I have to admit. I'm a big fan of the Hearts of Iron series and Crusader Kings II (The Old Gods add on is immense!)

In fact, I'm an all round fan of Paradox Games.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Me I have to admit. I'm a big fan of the Hearts of Iron series and Crusader Kings II (The Old Gods add on is immense!)

In fact, I'm an all round fan of Paradox Games.

Crusader Kings II is just great isn't it? I could never get my head round Hearts of Iron (though probably didn't spend anywhere near enough trying) but CKII instantly started to steal my life.

Crowning *ba-dom tssh* achievement; A branch of the family tree genetically pre-disposed to siring attractive, genius dwarves. Oh yes.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Oh sorry, did I not answer the question? I bow down to your superiority!! #prick

I'm the prick coming from the one using a hashtag? Alright babe :thumbsup: I was merely commenting on the exclamation mark after every sentence in your comment.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Crusader Kings II is just great isn't it? I could never get my head round Hearts of Iron (though probably didn't spend anywhere near enough trying) but CKII instantly started to steal my life.

Crowning *ba-dom tssh* achievement; A branch of the family tree genetically pre-disposed to siring attractive, genius dwarves. Oh yes.

Yes, yes it is! HOI is amazing when u get into it. The downloads are a must!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yes, yes it is! HOI is amazing when u get into it. The downloads are a must!

Maybe I'll give it another crack, have you played Europa Universalis? I know it's a paradox game, so I'm tempted...

Upsettingly for me, CK2 is now refusing to launch from Steam :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here