Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaetan Bong

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It seems Rosenior has started full training, and Bong is a few days away.
That sounds great, where did you get the info from?

I'd play him ahead of Ridgewell. There. I've said it.
Eh? Why would you want Ridgewell at left back and Calde left midfield? Surely Murphy has done more than enough to warrant another start, with Kaz on the bench. Calde on the bench at most.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That sounds great, where did you get the info from?

Argus.

Eh? Why would you want Ridgewell at left back and Calde left midfield? Surely Murphy has done more than enough to warrant another start, with Kaz on the bench. Calde on the bench at most.

boom tish

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
boom tish
I actually started with the intention of it being a sensible question, but stupidity got the better of me. You can't be stupidity, it always wins.

Trying to be more serious, why would you play Calde at left back instead of Ridgewell? We've done well with Ridgewell and had success down the left flank have we not?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I actually started with the intention of it being a sensible question, but stupidity got the better of me. You can't be stupidity, it always wins.

Trying to be more serious, why would you play Calde at left back instead of Ridgewell? We've done well with Ridgewell and had success down the left flank have we not?

Because in my opinion (other opinions are available) Calderon is a much better full back than Ridgewell, who rarely wins a challenge and just wants to hoof it.

We're doing great, and I'm sure he'll do a presentable job, but he offers no more than Calderon either defensively OR going forward. Despite the recent run of results, the opposition get more crosses into our box from that side with Ridgewell there, than with Calderon. Fact.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't argue with that.

:lol:

Seriously though - Rotherham ran past him at will. He made no effort to block the cross for Huddersfield's equaliser, and got bypassed way to easily for the chance that Stockdale saved from Judge, on Friday.

Glad to have the guy here as back up CB while Greer and Uwe are out, but as a full back? Not for me, Clive.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'd credit the success to the signing of Knockeart rather than Ridgewell, and the reason we've had success down the left being because of the effect of having defenders drawn to Knockeart on the right.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Seriously though - Rotherham ran past him at will. He made no effort to block the cross for Huddersfield's equaliser, and got bypassed way to easily for the chance that Stockdale saved from Judge, on Friday.

Glad to have the guy here as back up CB while Greer and Uwe are out, but as a full back? Not for me, Clive.

Your obsession with Ridgewell is Bizzare to say the least.. Look at our defensive record since he's been in the team?
Can't argue with that fact.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So Rosenior is back in training before Bong? Surely that means both are weeks away from being match ready given their lay offs

Maybe a few games off but it sounds in line with the ongoing public communication about their injuries over the last few months and especially the last few weeks.
Last week Hughton's update said "...I think they will be fairly close to coming into the game on the Saturday." (ie: Cardiff).

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Sure I heard CH say on the radio earlier today that Rosenior started back full training yesterday, Bong to start early next week, Greer is also due back training next week but is to be assessed.
CH didn't mention on the radio what game and exactly when any of them are due back, I'm sure I heard that right.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sure I heard CH say on the radio earlier today that Rosenior started back full training yesterday, Bong to start early next week, Greer is also due back training next week but is to be assessed.
CH didn't mention on the radio what game and exactly when any of them are due back, I'm sure I heard that right.

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-preview/?matchid=3834044&tcmuri=2515810
Sam Baldock has come through a full week's training and could make a return to the squad on Saturday.

Liam Rosenior is close to returning to action after he trained for the first time on Thursday, but will not be involved at the weekend.

Gaetan Bong is continuing to make good progress in his recovery from a thigh injury and will return to training on Sunday.

Club captain Gordon Greer is still out, but is scheduled to make a return to training next week.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

he did. the bit about speculating which games they might return in was from last weeks press conference.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)

I agree that Ridgewell's not the finest full back. However I believe that he has been key to organising the back four and I'm a little concerned about his absence whilst we still have to play the two younger CHs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here