Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaetan Bong

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Baldock had a calf issue after Rotherham game as Hughton explains in Argus here
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14250797.LuaLua_boost_for_Albion___but_the_captain_is_still_out/

The last update on bong's fitness was again in an interview with Highton last week in argus
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14251085.Calderon_in_line_for_another_left_back_call/

No doubt more on Bong fitness and others when this mornings press conference is written up

Thanks I missed the GB write up... this sounds very positive:

"Gaetan and Liam will be quite close. I think they will be fairly close to coming into the game on the Saturday. We won’t be too far away and we still have Calde who has come in and performed well for us in that position.

Left-back is not one we are overly concerned about but there might just be that little gap.”

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Still convinced baldock is gonna be sent out on loan when we get a striker and thats why he's not playing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks I missed the GB write up... this sounds very positive:

"Gaetan and Liam will be quite close. I think they will be fairly close to coming into the game on the Saturday. We won’t be too far away and we still have Calde who has come in and performed well for us in that position.

Left-back is not one we are overly concerned about but there might just be that little gap.”
This sounds like 'calde vs Bolton, Bong back after that'.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This sounds like 'calde vs Bolton, Bong back after that'.

The Saturday being referred to is the Cardiff match.

But this description of being 'close' is worrying.

Kaz was 'close' for many, many weeks.

Baldock has been 'close' for a few.

'Close' could well indicate April on past usage.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

But it covers both of Rosenior and Bong. Hopefully one of them will be fit enough to be involved at Cardiff.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Have I missed something or has Ridgewell gone back?

Last day is 13/2. He asked to get loan extended but MLS said "no."

But Ridgewell is already set to miss the first three weeks of Timbers preseason training and it is unclear whether the Timbers would be open to allowing Ridgewell to stay in England even longer. The MLS regular season begins on March 6.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Have I missed something or has Ridgewell gone back?

You haven't. Ridgewell goes back after Bolton. CH has already indicated that Calde is likely to play against Hull, with the possibility of Bong (and even Rosenoir) back to play Cardiff. All in Argus article (last Friday?), posted earlier in this thread by [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION]

Shins

Aug 13, 2015

It doesn't ever seem to be straight forward with our injuries. Close, still close, a little closer.... Other teams seem to give a time frame and then the player is ready. Anyone else think that?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Baldock had a calf issue after Rotherham game as Hughton explains in Argus here
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14250797.LuaLua_boost_for_Albion___but_the_captain_is_still_out/

The last update on bong's fitness was again in an interview with Highton last week in argus
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14251085.Calderon_in_line_for_another_left_back_call/

No doubt more on Bong fitness and others when this mornings press conference is written up

Are you expecting good positive news on Bong and Rosenior after the press conference or more "hopeful" quotes?

With my glass half full hat on you know which way I am leaning :smile:

Calde will be called on for better or for worse IMO

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It doesn't ever seem to be straight forward with our injuries. Close, still close, a little closer.... Other teams seem to give a time frame and then the player is ready. Anyone else think that?

Is the last bit true though? I don't follow other teams' injuries in close enough detail to know whether clubs are being more vague now about timescales or if it is just us. It might be annoying to us but I think the club are right to do it that way (so the opposition don't know).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You haven't. Ridgewell goes back after Bolton. CH has already indicated that Calde is likely to play against Hull, with the possibility of Bong (and even Rosenoir) back to play Cardiff. All in Argus article (last Friday?), posted earlier in this thread by @chaileyjem

Thanks, thought that was the case. Couldn't understand why some were suggesting Calde will fill in at left back on saturday!!!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Such is the (apparent) conspiracy of silence about injured players that my questions about them on Ask The Club are never answered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here