Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Future Managers

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
There must be a new Pep in the Barca team. Xavi maybe? Puyol?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ISo that rules out ... Messrs Beckham, Giggs and Scholes.

From what I've heard, Giggs is being groomed to be a future manager. He's apparently Fergie's presence in the squad and is highly thought of as a motivator (that is if he can keep his dick in his trousers).

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Hate to say it because i think he is a prized c*** but i think John Terry will be a top Manager

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Who was the last England player to be an above average manager in the top division?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Slightly of subject but didn't David Platt have a spell as boss in Italy? Part of the backroom staff at city now I know.

Yes, he was briefly boss at Sampdoria before resigning shortly before they were relegated to Serie B.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
From what I've heard, Giggs is being groomed to be a future manager. He's apparently Fergie's presence in the squad and is highly thought of as a motivator (that is if he can keep his dick in his trousers).

Really? I was under the impression that he was intellectually challenged, but I suppose that has not harmed Harry too much!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Probably being biased here, but Chris Powell with another 5-10 years experience of club management under his belt could be a contender for the England job. His own England career (first called up age 31) is pretty unique, several years as Chairman of the PFA is useful experience of bureaucracy, and having a non-caucasian England manager is arguably overdue.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Probably being biased here, but Chris Powell with another 5-10 years experience of club management under his belt could be a contender for the England job. His own England career (first called up age 31) is pretty unique, several years as Chairman of the PFA is useful experience of bureaucracy, and having a non-caucasian England manager is arguably overdue.

The only problem I see with Powell, and I don't even see it as being much of an issue, is that he is a Charlton man. I don't see him wanting to manage anyone else, but I think to be England manager you should have a range of experience. Which is why Roy Hodgson is the best appointment as England manager in my lifetime.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
1 good season in league 1 and you are talking him up as future England manager :facepalm:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
1 good season in league 1 and you are talking him up as future England manager :facepalm:

What's the problem? He has made a big impact already and has served his apprenticeship in the game before taking a managers job, I think he has a lot of potential and not ignoring the obvious, it is good to see an English black manager at a good club and doing well. I've always liked Charlton and there's no reason not to like Powell.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

I did specify another 5-10 years in club management required and that he COULD be a contender. As Ninja says you need a broad range of skills as national manager is a very different job hence the advantages of his own surprise England career and his time as head of the PFA - dealing with FA suit types on behalf of players etc. Also had a well respected coaching role at Leicester under Sven (one of England's most successful recent managers). And as national managers get so little time with the players, the fact he hit the ground running with an almost entirely new squad this season is surely a good omen. Yes, he's untested at a decent level, but I think potentially he could be an England manager of the future. I don't see many better qualified 42 year olds.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Calderon, only been to one of his sports psychology classes but he seems like he at least has a great understanding of the mental side of football.
Solskjaer.
Di Matteo (If he calms with age)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here