Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Furthest you've travelled for a gig

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve seen a number of gigs abroad but the gig was not usually the primary motivation for the travel. When I was living in the UK I flew to Miami specifically for the Winter Music Conference. Living in Berlin I flew to Stockholm specifically to see Radiohead.

I have travelled a lot in the UK to see gigs, especially festivals. Seen a few acts in Hamburg.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Leeds.... Potternewton Park.

Went up for the Reggae festival there. It was pretty much like a free Reggae Sunsplash. Absolutely brilliant!

Returned the following year with high expectations, only to find on arrival the park flooded from overnight rain and everything cancelled. 🙄 This was pre internet days, so no checking before setting off.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Bristol to see American Music Club.

In principle it was a weekend to see American Music Club and Brighton v Bristol Rovers in Bath but I went to the rugby ground by mkstake.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
When I lived in Somerset in the 90s our group of friends would think nothing of driving to London for a gig and back. Also from there, gigs to Leicester and Birmingham for gigs and back, spring to mind.

The furthest again from Somerset was Ghent, and when living in Liverpool, went to Edinburgh. Those involved stopovers in the town/city.

Now back in E Sx for 20 or so years, my furthest will be Paris in November for a John Zorn at 70 concert.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Dance Valley Festival in Amsterdam, got to see Carl Cox, Ferry Corsten, Armin van Buuren, Tiesto and others…

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Cardiff to see Canned Heat, because my friends virtually worship Harvey Mandel, who was their guitarist at the time. We saw them at the The Roundhouse in London, the following evening.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I took Mrs W to see Adele at the Etihad (now Marvel) stadium in Melbourne in I think 2018. We were also out there to see middle son, now an Aussie Citizen, but still an ardent Albion and England supporter.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The day, nay the hour, that Oasis announced they were doing a tour of Oz, I immediately called my Aussie friends in Byron Bay and demanded they buy us tickets right now. Unfortunately, in my excitement, I completely forgot about the time difference. Which went down well at 3am Oz time. Bless 'em tho, they booked those tickets (for something called the Brisbane Entertainment Centre which bizarrely lives in the middle of a forest, served by a duck halt in the back end of beyond that makes Falmer look like London Victoria in the rush hour). Brilliant it was!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The day, nay the hour, that Oasis announced they were doing a tour of Oz, I immediately called my Aussie friends in Byron Bay and demanded they buy us tickets right now. Unfortunately, in my excitement, I completely forgot about the time difference. Which went down well at 3am Oz time. Bless 'em tho, they booked those tickets (for something called the Brisbane Entertainment Centre which bizarrely lives in the middle of a forest, served by a duck halt in the back end of beyond that makes Falmer look like London Victoria in the rush hour). Brilliant it was!
Seeing an Oasis show is absolutely a good reason to travel to the other side of the world

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I've flown to Australia, USA etc to PLAY gigs but the furthest I've travelled to listen to someone else is Amsterdam to see Burning Spear.

Edit: oh I forgot, I once drove from Huntington Beach, Orange County to Angel's Camp in North California for the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival, about 400 miles.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here