Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Funding For Our Euro Fixtures

el punal

Mrs.Punal has been totally unsympathetic in my desire to attend all our Europa League fixtures - both home and away. I am retired (disgracefully!) so any dosh for going to football comes out of the pension. How are you going to pay for all these extra games and the travelling, she demands. I’ll find a way, I reply in my best Mr.Micawber stance.

Mrs.Punal is non-plussed and looks through the on-line job vacancies for something suitable. I‘ve found one for you, she exclaims, they’re recruiting for an elf for Christmas to work in Santa’s grotto. She’s serious. I look aghast, I’m 6 foot 2 inches tall FFS! How the hell can I be an elf? Never mind, she continues, they’re also looking for someone to be Father Christmas now that would suit you perfectly.

I have now given up the will to live. The trip into the loft is my next hope to see what can be flogged off - old CDs, Vinyl LPs, Model Railway bits and bobs, stuff for a car boot sale - you name it.

So, any recommendations, tips, advice, anything regarding my predicament would be greatly appreciated. Muchas Gracia! :thumbsup:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
111218-63-History-England-Britain-Phone-Booth.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mrs.Punal has been totally unsympathetic in my desire to attend all our Europa League fixtures - both home and away. I am retired (disgracefully!) so any dosh for going to football comes out of the pension. How are you going to pay for all these extra games and the travelling, she demands. I’ll find a way, I reply in my best Mr.Micawber stance.

Mrs.Punal is non-plussed and looks through the on-line job vacancies for something suitable. I‘ve found one for you, she exclaims, they’re recruiting for an elf for Christmas to work in Santa’s grotto. She’s serious. I look aghast, I’m 6 foot 2 inches tall FFS! How the hell can I be an elf? Never mind, she continues, they’re also looking for someone to be Father Christmas now that would suit you perfectly.

I have now given up the will to live. The trip into the loft is my next hope to see what can be flogged off - old CDs, Vinyl LPs, Model Railway bits and bobs, stuff for a car boot sale - you name it.

So, any recommendations, tips, advice, anything regarding my predicament would be greatly appreciated. Muchas Gracia! :thumbsup:
Go Fund Her ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What’s the model railway stuff?

ebay is your friend!

Reactions: A1X

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Only Fans

Apparently it’s a website, I’ve heard

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Vinted.

All the young families seem to be on Vinted for buying and selling clothes.
So, instead of taking all the clothes you no longer wear to the charity shop, flog them instead to raise funds for away days.

You also get extra brownie points from your missus for finally clearing out your wardrobe of unwanted clothes.

edit: I'm not suggesting you're young, old farts use it too.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

Mrs SSB and Miss SSB are getting an early Xmas present from me of a 9 day Barbados holiday in December (without me). I am not expecting the Europa funding issue to be debated in our household.

el punal

Perhaps you could try a part time job?
If you really want to know I applied to take part in, ahem, adult films which stated any looks, age, shape etc. would be welcome. I did try for a part time role as, at my age, going full time would have been nigh on impossible. Alas, I was unsuccessful. :down:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Wait until the teams are announced on Sunday - and if RDZ has once again paired JPVH and Igor at the back, put a month’s pension on a Bournemouth win @7/1. That should pretty much cover it, with enough left for some wine and flowers for ‘er indoors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here