Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fund my life: I want to live like a moron...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Nah I'll let you have fun group bashing these people, I mean you are all daily getting ass****ed by your politicans, businessmen and media conglomerates so I could easily see how you get the idea and inspiration to kick downwards and spit at these people using your precious money while not giving two ****s that any and all of the idiots you be voting for tomorrow regardless of party are gonna make sure the 1% can put all of their wealth in the Cayman Islands while the homeless UK youth is begging for money on the streets.

Yea enjoy this opportunity to feel like you're better and stronger than someone else by bashing this family. I'm not going to go in to the subject if these people are doing the "right or the wrong" thing, it would distract from all the great bashing.

Whenever I see someone use the word conglomerate, I know what's coming....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nah I'll let you have fun group bashing these people, I mean you are all daily getting ass****ed by your politicans, businessmen and media conglomerates so I could easily see how you get the idea and inspiration to kick downwards and spit at these people using your precious money while not giving two ****s that any and all of the idiots you be voting for tomorrow regardless of party are gonna make sure the 1% can put all of their wealth in the Cayman Islands while the homeless UK youth is begging for money on the streets.

Yea enjoy this opportunity to feel like you're better and stronger than someone else by bashing this family. I'm not going to go in to the subject if these people are doing the "right or the wrong" thing, it would distract from all the great bashing.

Yep, the usual predictable hogwash and whataboutery.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with "OUR" politicians, businessmen and media conglomerates (which apparently only seem to apply to the likes of us, and not you), so I'm not even sure why you've dragged all that into it.

This is a story about a fit and able couple actively pursuing a lifestyle that relies entirely on the indulgence of people who actually work and pay their taxes. They are the very definition of spongers. You're obviously perfectly ok with this indulgence they enjoy, but its a very curious stance to take. If everyone on the planet decided to live their lives like these herberts, we'd all end up back in the stone age.

If thats an attractive scenario to you, then I think you'll find you're in a fairly tiny minority.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

And I think we can work out why.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm struggling slightly with this story.

Now, I've been fortunate in that I've not needed government help in the form of benefits and similar thus far and, as such, my knowledge of what is available and how you get it is pretty sketchy.

However, these people are, presumably, not getting anything they are not entitled to and, unlike the tired cliche of "spending all their benefits on booze, fags, big TVs and smartphones" they are living frugally, to some extent, in order that they can pursue a different lifestyle altogether.

If you want to blame anyone/any thing here, shouldn't it be the benefits system that permits what you see as abuse?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm struggling slightly with this story.

If you want to blame anyone/any thing here, shouldn't it be the benefits system that permits what you see as abuse?

But we’ll never be able to build a system that removes all possible manipulation, not without adversely hurting / hindering the people that truly need help. People that take advantage of the ambiguity are actively causing the politicians to make the sort of cuts that are wrecking lives. Benefits cheats are just as disgusting as corrupt 1%’ers

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Not everyone has a perfect life and the benefits system is vital.

But, as with everything, people take the piss.

I'm far more concerned about the piss-taking going on by big corporations and politicians than by a work-shy couple with hairy pits.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But we’ll never be able to build a system that removes all possible manipulation, not without adversely hurting / hindering the people that truly need help. People that take advantage of the ambiguity are actively causing the politicians to make the sort of cuts that are wrecking lives. Benefits cheats are just as disgusting as corrupt 1%’ers

But are they cheating?

Unlike others, I've never heard of these people before, but they're hardly slipping under the radar for any organisation that wishes to ensure they are not cheating.

Should the benefits system only give those who use it the very bare minimum to live off, with no contingency at all? How is that undertaken when people will use money differently, with some making better use of limited funds than others?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ooh, ooh, when's the 'anging. I'll bring a packed lunch.

There should be a few spaces as a lot of those in Argus Comments will have had seizures when hysterically responding to the article.

Don't you just love it when this sort of thing is shared. The sense of self-righteous outrage is so beautiful.

I'm just of for my Daily Mail now. I'll be back for an injection of indignation in a bit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Scrounging family building own house
They're not though are they:

"Matt stated that they were using their benefits to save up and build a “remote” home and live off nature."

Ok, so that's what they want, but it sounds like they don't have the money required to pay for it. I'd imagine it won't cost peanuts.

kjgood

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

"Matt stated that they were using their benefits to save up and build a “remote” home and live off nature."

Ok, so that's what they want, but it sounds like they don't have the money required to pay for it. I'd imagine it won't cost peanuts.

Assuming when they’re “off grid” and self sustained they will forfeit their associated housing and heating benefits to someone who is in need?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Should be a good one today. Local couple.

'I was having a vegan bake and all I said was this is tasty enough for anyone on benefits'

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
They can’t be stopped. Scrounging family building own house and want taxpayers to pay for it.

Damn, I thought this was another thread about the Royal family.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Chill out. It’s a long standing tradition on NSC to laugh at this family. If it displeases you so intensely, don’t read, don’t post.
It’s not a political thread.
Jesus wept, any excuse to have a meltdown. NSC really has become a fetid grief hole this last year. Full of sensitive, easily offended , wallys.

This couple are publicly declaring they will not look for work. Yet are still in receipt of housing and jobseekers. Yeah, I think I that’s out of order. As for your other childish ranting? It belongs on another thread.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Yeah, I think so. Just squirrelling away housing benefits . Which seems odd if they have to pay their rent out if that. One wonders if perhaps they’re earning more than they declare?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Should be left alone to do their own thing (once sterilised and kids taken into care).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here