Fuming at Oscar!!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The fact is NO ONE gives a toss about the FA Cup anymore and for me that is very sad.

I care about the FA Cup and I really want us to go up to Hull and smash them. But I want us to do it with the squad that has gotten us to this stage. It'd be disrespectful to those players if they lost their place based on the opponent. I'd say the exact same thing if we ended up in the final against Man City. Those players got us there so those players start.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
why are people moaning we all knew oscar was going to make changes to the team

What people need to ask themselves is not the number of changes, but whether we were weakened. No way is Calderon, Lua Lua or Buckley weakened choices to come into the team. Chicksen for Ward is the only position I could really see effected us. With Lua Lua starting we could have done with Ward's experience behind him. With Stephens cup tied Andrews had to come in really.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
You can tell its half term. Don t worry mate the next Monday night game will be to late for you anyway being a school night and all.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The fact is NO ONE gives a toss about the FA Cup anymore and for me that is very sad.

The FA stopped giving a toss about it when they started making everyone trudge to Wembley for the semis.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
As long as we take 3 points against Wigan he can play what team he likes. Well done last night Hull didn't want a draw either which made it an entertaining game.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you think we were destined and guaranteed to win playing our 1st XI then...

You're so thick it's unbelievable :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
You're so thick it's unbelievable :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You have more of a chance playing your strongest side. It is not Rocket Science.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I stopped reading when I realized you were female, apologies.

I stopped reading when I realised you weren't able to reply or indeed post at all on NSC for a few days, apologies.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If you think we were destined and guaranteed to win playing our 1st XI then...

I don't know whether we would have won had we played our first eleven - no one does - that's the point!

How many would have criticised OG had we fielded our entire first team? - I'd guess there would be far fewer threads saying he'd got it wrong if we had.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
As long as we take 3 points against Wigan he can play what team he likes. Well done last night Hull didn't want a draw either which made it an entertaining game.

Game in the Championship more important than a fifth round FA Cup game - and some are still saying that the Cup hasn't been devalued ???

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Did we? They hit the woodwork twice and we cleared one off the line. They had 58% possession and more shots on target!

I go to watch us win, not watch squad players and Oscar gamble against prem teams.

Well frankly I wish you wouldn't go at all. You make Victor Meldrew look like Mr Happy.
If I could be bothered I'd feel sorry for you, in fact your a really good advert for legalising pot. For you to be happier and for us to put up with your feckin whinging.

Best all round club in the country (food prices apart:smile:) you should be pleased to be part of it....I am.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Judging by some of the replies on here I guess I'd better hold up my hands and say I belong in the group being called 'idiots'.

How many supporting OG in the team he put out can say hand on heart that had this been a game that could have ensured promotion or been a final against Hull, OG would have selected the players he did tonight? I most certainly don't.

I've seen the question asked, "what's the point of having a squad if you don't use it?" - well I have a spare wheel in the car which will do a perfectly serviceable job but I hope I never have to use it.

We may not have won last night's game if we had fielded our strongest team, we'll never know, but we shouldn't be in the position of having to speculate.

That is one horrendous analogy. You liken a footballer's career and onward development to a car wheel?! Should we rename the development squad Kwik Fit?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
You have more of a chance playing your strongest side. It is not Rocket Science.

Just out of interest, what would you consider our strongest side that you could have put out last night?

Other than Kuszczak and Ward in for Brezovan and Chicksen, I'm sure that if you post it you'll get a number of responses from people with a different lineup.

Our strongest lineup is a largely subjective concept and also arguably contextual once you factor in the opposition and fitness

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
What people need to ask themselves is not the number of changes, but whether we were weakened. No way is Calderon, Lua Lua or Buckley weakened choices to come into the team. Chicksen for Ward is the only position I could really see effected us. With Lua Lua starting we could have done with Ward's experience behind him. With Stephens cup tied Andrews had to come in really.
i dont think the team was that weakened last night i agree about chicksen

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Ridiculous thread. It's a squad game now, this isn't 1985 when you had a definite 1st XI and everyone else is a reserve. This squad has about 15 players all with 1st team experience and all of a similar standard. We're actually in a pretty good place with the standard of the whole squad, the only really weak point is up front when Ulloa isn't on the pitch

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The FA stopped giving a toss about it when they started making everyone trudge to Wembley for the semis.

And putting on 5th round games on a Monday night (twice) and not having the final at the end of the season at 3pm on a Saturday and giving the coverage to ITV and not having a Cup Winners Cup that people care about anymore and the fact that no one, NO ONE, attempts to go to Wembley by helicopter in a pair of white shoes anymore. And surely having 2nd replays in the middle of nowhere suits a squad game better than penalties.

Oh well, if you want me I'll be reliving my childhood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports