Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full (Albion) kit incl. boots...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am very confused. Do we know what the child was doing and roughly where was this?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
...on a roof. As you do.

Just spied this scene out of the window of the rented house we just moved into.

4enuqena.jpg
cat burglars come in all shape and sizes:facepalm:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What kind of parent allows their child access to an open upstairs window anyway? Unbelievable, Bozza :jester:

From your window, you spot a small child (7 years old?) on the steeply sloping roof of the house opposite. The roof has many cracked and dislodged tiles and the child looks as though they are attempting to get back into the house via a first floor window unaided. Do you:

A. Drop everything, go out into the street and be prepared to render immediate assistance in the event the child slips and falls?
B. Get your phone out and take photos?

You can apply this to most things these days, ask the ghouls that were photographing the dead girl that got hit by a bus on the Lewes rd a couple of months back.

Any how is it up to the photographer in this case to "help"? The child appears old enough to be simply refered to as "an idiot"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You can apply this to most things these days, ask the ghouls that were photographing the dead girl that got hit by a bus on the Lewes rd a couple of months back.

Tell me about it. Despite witnessing it on an almost daily basis, I am still unfailingly staggered by the number of passers by who will stop to take photographs of a seemingly nasty road accident, usually in a quite open and shameless manner. Or just stand and watch paramedics performing CPR on some poor lifeless individual. I've seen people videoing that, FFS. What exactly do they do with the photos?? I had some rubbernecker on Monday morning stand behind me for about thirty minutes, taking photos with his phone of a badly injured man being cut out of his car by Fire & Rescue. I can't physically stop him, but Christ on a bike, what's happened to some people's sense of human decency? He was totally unconnected with the accident or the driver.

(Not suggesting any of the above applies to Bozza by the way, presumably his eye in this case was caught by the Albion strip).

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
The lad on the roof plays for the same football club (Worthing Town) as my son. I'll let him know he's achieved fame.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Tell me about it. Despite witnessing it on an almost daily basis, I am still unfailingly staggered by the number of passers by who will stop to take photographs of a seemingly nasty road accident, usually in a quite open and shameless manner. Or just stand and watch paramedics performing CPR on some poor lifeless individual. I've seen people videoing that, FFS. What exactly do they do with the photos?? I had some rubbernecker on Monday morning stand behind me for about thirty minutes, taking photos with his phone of a badly injured man being cut out of his car by Fire & Rescue. I can't physically stop him, but Christ on a bike, what's happened to some people's sense of human decency? He was totally unconnected with the accident or the driver.

If I counted up the number of times I'd been photographed or filmed on mobile phones whilst cutting RTC casualties - both alive and deceased - from vehicles, I'd definitely qualify a mention in the "NSC's most famous poster" thread. The most surreal are when on the motorway at night and a coach passes the scene. Virtually every window will be filled with the eerie glow from a smart phone pressed up against the glass.

As Edna says, quite what people do with this footage after the event is beyond me. Leaving the morals of it to one side, why would anyone want images of badly injured or dead people on their phone?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Reckon that house is in Croydon. Good on yer kid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here