Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham match - season ticket exchange?

breadman

Feb 13, 2022
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this or it has already been answered elsewhere. I'd like to buy a ticket for the Fulham match, but very few appearing for general sale (15 singles in total around the ground, excluding the North).

Is it likely there will be a season ticket exchange for this fixture? When does it generally begin? Or should I just grab one of the few on sale whilst they last?

Cheers!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just received an email from the club league informing me of how the exchange works. Seems like they are trying to get as many non-attendees to list their tickets to minimise any gaps in the crowd for such a huge fixture. Can't wait until Saturday!
They can of course resell the tickets at matchday prices which is profitable

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They can of course resell the tickets at matchday prices which is profitable
They can resell them which benefits the season ticket holder and it benefits the club because a full stadium is better for the advertisers, tv, catering etc. But they, like sharing fees, argue - and nobody on here believes them ha ha - but this is what they say - insist it doesn't make them ££ . In fact it costs them ££.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
They can resell them which benefits the season ticket holder and it benefits the club because a full stadium is better for the advertisers, tv, catering etc. But they, like sharing fees, argue - and nobody on here believes them ha ha - but this is what they say - insist it doesn't make them ££ . In fact it costs them ££.
how on earth does buying back a ticket at ST pro rata price, and selling it on at matchday price...cost more than it makes?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just received an email from the club league informing me of how the exchange works. Seems like they are trying to get as many non-attendees to list their tickets to minimise any gaps in the crowd for such a huge fixture. Can't wait until Saturday!
The club have realised it is half term week and a lot of families are away.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
how on earth does buying back a ticket at ST pro rata price, and selling it on at matchday price...cost more than it makes?
I've never been convicted of the argument it doesn't make the club money. However it is good the club are reminding people to list their tickets as the fuller the Amex the better.

Aug 18, 2013
The club have realised it is half term week and a lot of families are away.
And that we are so bloody good right now, plus prices for this game are very reasonable, that it's a no brainer to push the exchange...especially as there's now a huge pool of Japanese fans to sell to as well.

It's all great, except the way things are heading it won't be long before people are moaning about games selling out straight away

breadman

Feb 13, 2022
Thanks for the replies all, ticket purchased.

Hopefully an improvement on the Villa, Nottingham Forest, and (nearly) Bournemouth games I've attended so far...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Presumably the hours required to administer this process, may seem automatic on the website, but I'm sure there are resources that need to be paid for to run the system.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thanks for the replies all, ticket purchased.

Hopefully an improvement on the Villa, Nottingham Forest, and (nearly) Bournemouth games I've attended so far...
The only positive from the Forest game was the excellent early bird price where I went for £20 and the boy's was £5. A £25 turgid 0-0 is a lot more palatable than a £75 one.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just listed mine in the North

Aug 18, 2013
Presumably the hours required to administer this process, may seem automatic on the website, but I'm sure there are resources that need to be paid for to run the system.
I don't doubt that but when you consider the margin on each ticket (especially concession tickets which can only be resold at full adult cost) then i fail to see how the cost paying for a human to select some boxes on the site and process a refund aren't covered.

Anyway I've not seen the club say they operate this on a loss before. Seems odd

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We put two tickets on there last night and they appear to have been sold which is definitely quicker than when we have done for previous fixtures.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't doubt that but when you consider the margin on each ticket (especially concession tickets which can only be resold at full adult cost) then i fail to see how the cost paying for a human to select some boxes on the site and process a refund aren't covered.

Anyway I've not seen the club say they operate this on a loss before. Seems odd
This misconception is that the pro-rata ST price is considerably cheaper than all match day tickets. A NS adult ST is pro-rata £29 per match. Cat C adult match day tickets are £30. So they make £1 on each adult exchange ticket for a Cat C game. Okay, they make some concession uplifts, but how many tickets are we talking about in total, 500 or so?

Aug 18, 2013
This misconception is that the pro-rata ST price is considerably cheaper than all match day tickets. A NS adult ST is pro-rata £29 per match. Cat C adult match day tickets are £30. So they make £1 on each adult exchange ticket for a Cat C game. Okay, they make some concession uplifts, but how many tickets are we talking about in total, 500 or so?
The Category C game is. B and A though?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The ticket exchange is open, If I log on I get the option to relist for: Fulham, West Ham, some small team and ManUre
I think you can always pre list a few games ahead but that doesn’t mean the exchange is necessarily open. Rather, your ticket will go on sale when the exchange is opened ie the exchange may well be open but your ability to list your ticket does not indicate anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here