Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham away

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
FA Cup 0-0?
That was the last time I went

Not sure. I do remember the one when the Albion contingent were howling for Barry Lloyd's sacking as he entered the arena Unfortunately for him, the configuration of Craven Cottage meant he had to walk all the way from the corner to the right of the away fans, to the dugouts on the opposite side of the pitch, effectively running the gauntlet of the away terrace.

I think there was another one I went to after that, probably in either the Brady or Case era. But it's been a fair few years now since we've played them. Didn't Micky Adams play a part in the start of their rise from the arse end of the Football League, and then wind up at Withdean?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I believe Huddersfield flogged about 2,500 tickets for that game (must have been exciting for the Yorkshire folk to contemplate a day trip to London), so I'd have thought they'd have given us the 3,000 if requested. Hoping to see a full (ish) away end at the Amex in a couple of weeks when you come to us :thumbsup:

Last time I went to CC, I think we were on an uncovered terrace, that's how long ago it was...
A lot of fans of other Premier League teams I spoke to last season were bemoaning our relegation as a trip to the Cottage is a popular day out for all the usual (true) cliches - friendly club, old fashioned stadium, good pubs blah blah blah. Last season they were also guaranteed 3 points which made the trip even more enjoyable. If it was an uncovered terrace it would have been the Putney End unless it was back in the 60s when it could have been the Riverside.

It's fair to say that the Brighton away game will be one of the most popular trips for Fulham, partly because of its proximity to our fanbase and its a new stadium that most Fulham fans have not been to. Also, there's quite a lot of (good) history between the clubs and we've shared players - not least David Stockdale who a lot of Fulham were sorry to see leave.

I just looked and there are about 60 unsold seats in the away end. Our allocation has gradually been increased so we've now got the whole of the away end. We've only been allowed to buy 1 ticket each and it was done on a Season Ticket holders with most loyalty points first basis. Its now open to Members but not on general sale. A few Fulham fans I know have bought tickets through Brighton and will be sitting on their hands. Personally I think that having a neutral section is a good idea if it helps to fill seats and educates supporters that it's possible to support your team without resorting to abusing supporters of the other team.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I was one of the 2,272 who saw us win there 6-1 in the Sherpa Van Trophy, 1987.

That's 2,272 TOTAL CROWD, must have been about 300 Albion. My future missus, Albion fan since 1974, stayed in her local in Putney as she couldn't be bothered to walk over the bridge....I still give her stick about missing what is my biggest Albion away win ever. That was when football was in the doldrums, the average at the Goldstone was under 9,000 despite it ending up a promotion season under Barry Lloyd (take note current crowd binfesters).

PG

I think that was my last visit to Fulham and will probably remain so.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Didn't Micky Adams play a part in the start of their rise from the arse end of the Football League, and then wind up at Withdean?
He did just that. We were 91st in the league, got beaten by Torquay (below us) but it was under his captaincy, then as player manager he got us promoted. Al Fayed bought us and sacked Adams. Adams went to Brentford and beat us at the Cottage in the League Cup 3 months later. As I said, there are a lot of connections between us.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Not sure. I do remember the one when the Albion contingent were howling for Barry Lloyd's sacking as he entered the arena Unfortunately for him, the configuration of Craven Cottage meant he had to walk all the way from the corner to the right of the away fans, to the dugouts on the opposite side of the pitch, effectively running the gauntlet of the away terrace.

I think there was another one I went to after that, probably in either the Brady or Case era. But it's been a fair few years now since we've played them. Didn't Micky Adams play a part in the start of their rise from the arse end of the Football League, and then wind up at Withdean?

Adams was Fulham manager last time we played them, their team had Watson, Morgan, Chippy and Cullip in.
Lost 3-0 and Maskell missed a pen IIRC.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Going to a be a hugely popular match. Not far to go and during that period between Christmas and New Year where many are off work. My plan is to be in a London pub by 1.00p.m

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Officially, no. Unofficially, there are often away fans in there. As long as they don't mind sitting among Fulham fans and treating the concept of a neutral area with respect i.e. no violence or abuse, it all seems to work ok. The neutral area has been a lot smaller this season for many games.

Is this area normally pay on the day ?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ah, Fulham away. Remember that great day out? March from Victoria to Hyde Park Corner, a bite to eat and off to the game. All done in the best possible taste!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I went to Fulham/Liverpool last season, a couple of scousers were somehow in the same row as us (very much a home block). Liverpool scored, they jumped up and cheered. A few of the diehards behind us did not take kindly to their presence and they were ushered away 'for their own safety'. The funnier thing was the lad of about 6 a couple of seats away with his dad who up to that point had been obviously supporting Liverpool. His dad told him to 'sit still and don't say another word'........

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He did just that. We were 91st in the league, got beaten by Torquay (below us) but it was under his captaincy, then as player manager he got us promoted. Al Fayed bought us and sacked Adams. Adams went to Brentford and beat us at the Cottage in the League Cup 3 months later. As I said, there are a lot of connections between us.

Simon Morgan. What a great defender he was in his one season with us before his knees finally gave up on him. Played a massive part in our promotion to the 2nd tier in 2002.

Plus the aforementioned Cullip, Adams, Darren Freeman, Chippy Carpenter, and Paul Brooker. And Barry Lloyd of course.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Simon Morgan. What a great defender he was in his one season with us before his knees finally gave up on him. Played a massive part in our promotion to the 2nd tier in 2002.

Plus the aforementioned Cullip, Adams, Darren Freeman, Chippy Carpenter, and Paul Brooker. And Barry Lloyd of course.
Simon Morgan is a HUGE hero at the Cottage - he was an immensely popular player who stuck with us through the toughest period in our history.
Other players who have served both clubs include Aaron Hughes (one of our heroes of the Europa 2010 campaign), a certain Bobby Zamora, Clive Walker, Darren Freeman, Alan Mullery.
Also see 2nd post in this thread on the Fulam equivalent of NSC: http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=42160.0

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
BrightonCottager, I've only seen clips and pictures, but it looked like Millwall had the whole end earlier in the season against you? Are teams allowed to request that or did they just take over the neutral area?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Craven Cottage, only ground I have ever been ejected from BEFORE kick off :blush:

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
I used to enjoy my trips up to the cottage in the early 90's. A pretty woeful time to be an Albion fan but netherless still some great away days. I remember me and my mates burning aload of newspapers on the away terrace at one game as it was so cold

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here