Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuckers

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I was sorry to hear what you went through 21 years ago, Bozza.

If you need any help with anything please let me know asap if any future fuckers invade your life.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
One little lesson from this which probably didn't apply back in 2003, don't put your home address in the sat nav. That could be the thieves next port of call
Reminds me of the woman who bought a second hand car in Birmingham.

She pressed the 'Home' button on the Sat Nav.

It took her to Newcastle.

She lived in Twickenham.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Jesus.

All I can say is I've mellowed with age, and I drive a significantly older/worse/cheaper car.
Your lack of forthcoming information about getting your car back, is ringing alarm bells...

I am beginning to think it was an inside job, and you possibly burnt it out and it is rusting away in some country lane near Devils Dyke.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
To conclude the tale - and it's clear some have been on tenterhooks for this - my insurance company actually paid me out more than I'd paid for the car - based on the asking price for similar models at the time - which I didn't think would be possible. I assumed what I had paid was the absolute ceiling of what I may get back.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I love reading through a proper old thread. The ones from classic matches are usually the best, although I relived the 2nd Ashes test in 2005 the other day during an afternoon of boredom.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Reminds me of the woman who bought a second hand car in Birmingham.

She pressed the 'Home' button on the Sat Nav.

It took her to Newcastle.

She lived in Twickenham.

I guess she got Dan Burned?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
NSC is a time capsule containing some absolute horrors that don't ever need to be dug up again.
So, what did the gym find on the CCTV ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, what did the gym find on the CCTV ?
From what I recall, some shady geezer who entered wearing a cap pulled down low enough that his face wasn't visible.

Narrows it down to about 25% of the football-attending population.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One little lesson from this which probably didn't apply back in 2003, don't put your home address in the sat nav. That could be the thieves next port of call
Having your home address programmed into your satnav surely isn't a big problem, if you don't name the entry as 'HOME'.

Mine is in there amongst 10 or so places I commonly drive to, but the entry is just called 'Chandlers Ford' (and the postcode).

The thieves stealing my car, wouldn't know which (if any) of the 10 entries is my home address.

Unless the thieves are reading this thread...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just out of interest, what is the oldest thread on the Big Board?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The worst thing about this was the clothes were too big, the mobile was old and the wallet was empty. You ain’t getting me on the car though!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just out of interest, what is the oldest thread on the Big Board?

...which somehow beat...

...via...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I was sorry to hear what you went through 21 years ago, Bozza.

If you need any help with anything please let me know asap if any future fuckers invade your life.
There is absolutely no way 2003 was 21 years ago.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Having your home address programmed into your satnav surely isn't a big problem, if you don't name the entry as 'HOME'.

Mine is in there amongst 10 or so places I commonly drive to, but the entry is just called 'Chandlers Ford' (and the postcode).

The thieves stealing my car, wouldn't know which (if any) of the 10 entries is my home address.

Unless the thieves are reading this thread...
My satnav is programmed with HOME.
It’s a random house 2 streets away😂

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To conclude the tale - and it's clear some have been on tenterhooks for this - my insurance company actually paid me out more than I'd paid for the car - based on the asking price for similar models at the time - which I didn't think would be possible. I assumed what I had paid was the absolute ceiling of what I may get back.
ah, did they pay out on your watch, Burberry underpants, socks, shirt, trousers, and George coat, and that 3k you had in your wallet for a rainy day ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

...which somehow beat...

...via...

Re Boo thread - How is there a photo of the Amex build in a 2003 post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here