Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuckers

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Exactly Chappers, we weren't all that impressed.

So, if a fella walks in wearing black and white stripey clothing, a zoro mask and carrying a swag bag, then they will flick the switch and tape events. Otherwise, well wouldn't want to waste the tape eh.

We weren't best pleased.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
.... and another thing about CCTV's.

When I was at Uni, I worked in Ladbrokes, and a mate of mine was manager of a store that was done over. As he was opening up, guys burst in with guns. Made him lock the store and had him crawling around the floor opening up the safe, the floor safe and handed over the money. He was beaten and scared for his life. He subsequently had serious pschological problems, and gave up the job as he was too scared to do it anymore.

All Ladbrokes stores have CCTV, and it was running throughout, capturing the whole incident, BUT ...

Ladbrokes refused to release the tape to the police for showing on local tv / crimewatch etc because, as they told him, "They don't want to demonstrate how easy it is to rob a betting shop."

Oh well, that's okay then.

:censored:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gritt23 said:
.... and another thing about CCTV's.

When I was at Uni, I worked in Ladbrokes, and a mate of mine was manager of a store that was done over. As he was opening up, guys burst in with guns. Made him lock the store and had him crawling around the floor opening up the safe, the floor safe and handed over the money. He was beaten and scared for his life. He subsequently had serious pschological problems, and gave up the job as he was too scared to do it anymore.

All Ladbrokes stores have CCTV, and it was running throughout, capturing the whole incident, BUT ...

Ladbrokes refused to release the tape to the police for showing on local tv / crimewatch etc because, as they told him, "They don't want to demonstrate how easy it is to rob a betting shop."

Oh well, that's okay then.

:censored:

I feel very sorry for your mate but I think you can understand Ladbrokes point of view to be honest. I should hope the police managed to eventually find the wankers who did the robbery without Crimewatch, especially if they had CCTV pictures. If they had released the footage and this had led to a string of copycat robberies, there might have been dozens of other victims like your poor mate.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
But surely offer some stills of what the fellas look like.
It doesn't have to be a full showing from start to finish.

But my point is that we often think we are a bit safer because there is a CCTV camera looking down on us, but on the 2 occasions I have thought it was going to help, it's been as useful as well, Michael Mahony-Johnson.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're right Gritt23, some stills would have been better. Hadn't thought of that!

Wise words DRF, but I presume new safer procedures take time to implement. ???

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Crikey - just read through all this Bozza - hope you're managing to get the little one to creche ok with the one car.... what a nightmare - I remember when we got robbed at home when I was younger - just makes you feel ill.... sad era we live in sometimes..

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Any update on your car, did the police find it ?
I presume you do not need it for the creche anymore.

IMG_1268.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
These people are fuckers of the highest order. I hope they're enjoying the warm evening in MY BMW convertible. I hope the police shoot the fuckers.
As most people know, I admire a thinly veiled boast! :lol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
#prayforbozza

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One little lesson from this which probably didn't apply back in 2003, don't put your home address in the sat nav. That could be the thieves next port of call

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
People bumping 21 year old threads 🙄

It’s going to be a long, hard summer …

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here