Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FSF article re Play Off ticketing conditions

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The police can also search people without reasonable suspicion if there is a particular concern about serious violence or the carrying of weapons as long as a senior officer has authorised such searches (section 60 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994).

That covers it. remember even in the eyes of our board football fans are not to be trusted hense the draconian measures that have put lots of people off..me and five other regular away fans to name but a few ( albeit that the experience last time was absolutely horrible)

I'm sure Edna will happily correct you on this but any stop made under that act will need prior authorisation, need to be conducted by more than one officer and need to be logged and written up after. They won't be going around stopping and searching people (and they'd have to perform a proper search, simply asking for an ID and Match ticket (which you have no legal obligation to have on you) would be an admission that they had no basis for the search in the first place) because it would be a huge waste of their time and would open them up to prosecution.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The police can also search people without reasonable suspicion if there is a particular concern about serious violence or the carrying of weapons as long as a senior officer has authorised such searches (section 60 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994).

That covers it.
No it doesn't. That means they can search you for a weapon, not for ID. When they find you don't have a weapon, they can't then prosecute you for something that's not against the law (ie, walking in a public place without a ticket or ID).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Interesting statistic, that:

Here's another, there were more arrests per attendee at Lewes Bonfire Night than at the AMEX last season

Do they ask everyone going to that to show ID?

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
What do you expect with all the animosity between the two clubs? It's not just a friendly rivalry: for some people (on both sides) it's pure hate. If we can kick out the neanderthal attitudes more associated with Millwall fans (which only seems to appear for this fixture), then the policing wouldn't be so over-the-top.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994

"If a police officer of or above the rank of inspector reasonably believes—
(a)that incidents involving serious violence may take place in any locality in his police area, and that it is expedient to give an authorisation under this section to prevent their occurrence, or
(b)that persons are carrying dangerous instruments or offensive weapons in any locality in his police area without good reason."

"Any authorisation under this section shall be in writing signed by the officer giving it and shall specify [F11 the grounds on which it is given and ] the locality in which and the period during which the powers conferred by this section are exercisable and a direction under subsection (3) above shall also be given in writing or, where that is not practicable, recorded in writing as soon as it is practicable to do so."

"A person who is searched by a constable under this section shall be entitled to obtain a written statement that he was searched under the powers conferred by this section if he applies for such a statement not later than the end of the period of twelve months from the day on which he was searched."

They wont be stopping and searching people at random outside the ground and asking you for a match ticket and ID.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
What do you expect with all the animosity between the two clubs? It's not just a friendly rivalry: for some people (on both sides) it's pure hate. If we can kick out the neanderthal attitudes more associated with Millwall fans (which only seems to appear for this fixture), then the policing wouldn't be so over-the-top.

Did you not use to go to Orient Away?

Oh, What a stupid question.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As the tickets haven't got our names on them, what use is checking people's ID's?

The police and CPFC will have access to a list of tickets sold provided by the Albion that will have name and seat details.

They are not going to check everyone, of course, but if you are acting like a **** then they will have a way to relatively quickly find out if the ticket you are holding was sold to you or not.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The police and CPFC will have access to a list of tickets sold provided by the Albion that will have name and seat details.

They are not going to check everyone, of course, but if you are acting like a **** then they will have a way to relatively quickly find out if the ticket you are holding was sold to you or not.

I understand that it'll just be the people who are looking to cause a problem, or just be difficult that are likely to be checked, but just presumed they would print tickets with ours names on so that it's far easier for them to match up. Chances of everyone sitting, or standing rather, in their seat at Selhurst must be pretty minimal.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Shirley there are two options for each supporter.
1/ Travel by official coach or go with known non trouble makers. Around the ground keep your nut down and avoid any trouble. Watch the game.
2/ Look for a fight. Get stopped. Get arrested. Miss the game.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Shirley there are two options for each supporter.
1/ Travel by official coach or go with known non trouble makers. Around the ground keep your nut down and avoid any trouble. Watch the game.
2/ Look for a fight. Get stopped. Get arrested. Miss the game.

And these are the ONLY two options are they?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Is this still news? A load of bedwetters getting in a fuss over nothing.

No-one has specified passport or driving licence have they? A credit card will do - in the highly unlikely event that you get stopped. Ooooh, my poor civil rights!

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

What if your tickets were bought in bulk by a friend, so they have five or six to give out? I presume that you are going to have to ensure that the exact ticket corresponding to that person makes it's way to them, otherwise you are looking at a ban.

Still, I'll be printing out the advice from the FSF and showing it to a policeman should he ask to see my ID anywhere other than on the turnstile

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What if your tickets were bought in bulk by a friend, so they have five or six to give out? I presume that you are going to have to ensure that the exact ticket corresponding to that person makes it's way to them, otherwise you are looking at a ban.

Still, I'll be printing out the advice from the FSF and showing it to a policeman should he ask to see my ID anywhere other than on the turnstile

I agree with that. Added to which if you like me bought (purchased) the tickets for others (in my instance my children) then if they use these tickets, they comply with all the conditions on the slip of paper sent with the tickets apart from item 3, and it states, The ticket may only be used by the purchaser. I'm big but I don't need three seats! And are they ineligible to use them as they didn't buy them.

Pedantic but so are the conditions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here