Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

from charlton message board

liverpool_one

Feb 12, 2004
Liverpool, United Kingdom
How on earth did we lose 4-0 at home to that mob. I saw them last week against Bournmouth and they looked very poor. Before today they had only scored 5 away from home all season!
I wouldn't mind if we were playing good attacking football, scoring lots of goals and leaving ourselves a bit open at the back. But we're not performing anywhere on the pitch, our set pieces are worse than hopeless and they've always been that way under Parky. Something has to change and very quickly. :lolol:
CHARLTON LIFE: Charlton Fans Message Board - Charlton v Brighton Match thread

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
a few things i picked out :)

a few Charlton forum stats :

they thought
57% Win
24% Draw
19% loss

81% of Charlton fans let their hearts rule their heads. Which is nice.

and then post match

Denmanra:
63% possession for Brighton and 4-0 loss at home.....directors, manager, players.......get rid of them all, the bloody clubs finished...

Lardy:
Brighton were good today but we were so bad.

Mortimerican:
Lulz. I think a few pair of rose tinted glasses might be getting stamped on tonight.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
How on earth did we lose 4-0 at home to that mob. I saw them last week against Bournmouth and they looked very poor. Before today they had only scored 5 away from home all season!
I wouldn't mind if we were playing good attacking football, scoring lots of goals and leaving ourselves a bit open at the back. But we're not performing anywhere on the pitch, our set pieces are worse than hopeless and they've always been that way under Parky. Something has to change and very quickly. :lolol:
CHARLTON LIFE: Charlton Fans Message Board - Charlton v Brighton Match thread

Youve said it yourself pal....you are shite , and have been soundly thrashed by a team that is miles ahead of you ...( as are Bournmouth). Thats why you are where you are in the league ! 'THAT MOB',by the way is top of the league !

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Youve said it yourself pal....you are shite , and have been soundly thrashed by a team that is miles ahead of you ...( as are Bournmouth). Thats why you are where you are in the league ! 'THAT MOB',by the way is top of the league !

You might wanna put that on the Charlton message board where that comment came from!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
a few things i picked out :)

a few Charlton forum stats :

they thought
57% Win
24% Draw
19% loss

81% of Charlton fans let their hearts rule their heads. Which is nice.

and then post match

Denmanra:
63% possession for Brighton and 4-0 loss at home.....directors, manager, players.......get rid of them all, the bloody clubs finished...

Lardy:
Brighton were good today but we were so bad.

Mortimerican:
Lulz. I think a few pair of rose tinted glasses might be getting stamped on tonight.
They were bad but we were good?
He was mean't to say they were not good enough to break down our amazing defense:thumbsup:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
From the report on the Charlton club website:-

"It was an awful afternoon all round for the Addicks who were second best in all departments against Gus Poyet's innovative side.

The visitors dazzled with patient and precise passing and their thoughtful approach to doing things different from set-pieces would also reap rewards.

It's hard to believe that a small pocket of fans had been moaning about the slow build-up that the Seasiders had adopted under their Uruguayan manager.

From the onset here they got the ball down and passed it at every possibility, not being afraid to play triangular passes between the centre-backs and goalkeeper at the start of moves."

Fair play to them for a balanced and very complementary view!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
From the report on the Charlton club website:-

"It was an awful afternoon all round for the Addicks who were second best in all departments against Gus Poyet's innovative side.

The visitors dazzled with patient and precise passing and their thoughtful approach to doing things different from set-pieces would also reap rewards.

It's hard to believe that a small pocket of fans had been moaning about the slow build-up that the Seasiders had adopted under their Uruguayan manager.

From the onset here they got the ball down and passed it at every possibility, not being afraid to play triangular passes between the centre-backs and goalkeeper at the start of moves."

Fair play to them for a balanced and very complementary view!

I might just have to nip off and pleasure myself. That's Brighton & Hove ALbion they are talking about!!!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
I might just have to nip off and pleasure myself. That's Brighton & Hove ALbion they are talking about!!!

wait are they? wait thats us!

there talking about us!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Fair play to them for also being one of the first opposition boards i've read with no homophobic comments relating to the Albion.

To be fair we've always had an OK relationship with Charlton due to our shared hatred of Palace. That's Palace who lost again today. Which is nice.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And before all the people rave re no money, neither have Carlisle or Brighton or any other team in this division.
So we're NOT big spenders after all. That makes the result even sweeter.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
To be fair we've always had an OK relationship with Charlton due to our shared hatred of Palace.

............and the way their supporters turned up for the first 'Fans United' day. Pretty sure they brought more supporters to the Goldstone, than any other club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here