Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday night drinkies thread.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Diet Coke in the office. Yay me.

26a5d8831d6acba1de2b4d8a2aa6bea3.jpg

Marvelbobs, I'll raise you with a fortnights non-boozing in my Offshore Days. :(

Thankfully all in the past and slurping some Vergelegen Shiraz this evening. :)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Went into Trafalgar Wines and got a Kernel IPA, Brewdog Jackhammer and Beavertown Neck Oil. All currently in the fridge just about to be opened.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went into Trafalgar Wines and got a Kernel IPA, Brewdog Jackhammer and Beavertown Neck Oil. All currently in the fridge just about to be opened.

Excellent work there. Jackhammer is beautifully bitter and I'm really liking Beavertown.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Excellent work there. Jackhammer is beautifully bitter and I'm really liking Beavertown.

Had a pint of Jackhammer at the Camden Brewdog pub thought it was excellent. The owner of Trafalgar Wines was moaning about Beaver Town saying they have got too big too quickly and are difficult to do business with, he is a big fan of their beers though. I originally went in for a gammar ray but they had sold out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
TO OL Goliat Imperial Stout (bourbon barrel aged)

Attachments

• IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 158

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If only. Currently running a taxi service around Sussex.

Photo orientation from iDevices can be wrong when viewed on other devices sometimes - http://iphonephotographyschool.com/iphone-photos-upside-down/

I reckon if you went into photos and then edited the photo, rotated it 4 times and then saved it again, it would probably be OK. Most of your photos are on their side when I view them.

The two on this thread are on on my iPhone. I suspect they won't be on my Macbook though.

Seems to work, rotated four times and saved and when viewed on the Frau's MacBook Pro alles gut.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a pint of Jackhammer at the Camden Brewdog pub thought it was excellent. The owner of Trafalgar Wines was moaning about Beaver Town saying they have got too big too quickly and are difficult to do business with, he is a big fan of their beers though. I originally went in for a gammar ray but they had sold out.

Totally agree, it is all about personal taste but Jackhammer is perfect for me as I love beers when they ramp up the alcohol a bit but offset it with tons of hops; Jackhammer is a perfect example. That said, you have great taste!

I wouldn't know about the business side of Beavertown but can imagine it's an issue for many small brewers...but their beers are fantastic. Have you tried their blood orange IPA? I had the good fortune to go to their pub last year. A great night.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Totally agree, it is all about personal taste but Jackhammer is perfect for me as I love beers when they ramp up the alcohol a bit but offset it with tons of hops; Jackhammer is a perfect example. That said, you have great taste!

I wouldn't know about the business side of Beavertown but can imagine it's an issue for many small brewers...but their beers are fantastic. Have you tried their blood orange IPA? I had the good fortune to go to their pub last year. A great night.

Not as yet, but I did see it today. Next time I'm going up to London by train I'll get an assortment of Beavertown cans.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I am drinking f Hobgoblin Gold, £1 a bottle from Morrisons. Won't be buying it at normal price. i still have a bit of Laphroaig left so it'll be a dram plus a book in bed soon. hashtag Rock n Roll

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Crafty Blonde and Hacker Pschorr in the Five Bells, Smock Alley.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Couple of pints of Sharps IPA (they'd run out of Doom Bar at the rugby club).

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
On an associated topic, I always like beer out of a jug pint glass like they used to serve up in the 70's - why do pubs never use these any more?

The old dimpled glasses? Was amazed to be offered one at The Black Swan in Gweek a few weeks ago. Probably the first time since the 70s. Tasted good in that!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
A few pints ot Dark Star APA and Hophead down the local with good friends, just finishing with an ICE cold Punk, along with The Trammps 'Disco Inferno' you tubing.

I blooming love Friday nights!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Crafty Blonde and Hacker Pschorr in the Five Bells, Smock Alley.

We had a crafty Blonde tonight.

She was sat at the end of the table......

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Been serving pints at the Crawley Beer & Cider Festival this evening. Which meant sampling for research and quality purposes of course. ☺

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We had a crafty Blonde tonight.

She was sat at the end of the table......

It's her wedding anniversary tomorrow Pickles.
Strangely it's also mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here