Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] French presidential election 2022

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Wow.

That's semantics. I asked how you know for sure. You've not told me.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, Covid was orchestrated by "them" so that the Sovereign nations and governments that they put in place would owe them more money, even though they were essentially paying themselves since they run and control those governments. And, unlike, say, the War in Ukraine where you can just not go to Ukraine, or 9/11 where you can avoid flying for a while, "they" were happy to put their own families at risk of a virus whose mortality rate and target was reasonably arbitrary at the start, putting "them" and their families (and here I hark back to the entire extended members of 200 families being, let's call it, shitloads of people) at risk of death. Unless, of course they'd already had the vaccine, a vaccine that you've said yourself you don't believe in. So, putting at risk all the people who know about this but don't say anything about it (including here Boris Johnson who nearly died of Covdi) so that they could borrow more money from themselves.

:mad:

I tell you what, you'd make a great script writer. You could take some bog standard Dan Brown shit and really sex it up, maybe with a side character of a football coach who believed in being really, really nice to people and stuff. Just make sure they keep feeding you the high grade :wink:

Conspiracy theorists cannot be beaten for coming up with stories about how things were orchestrated and why after they have happened. We're still waiting for any of them to explain what the illuminati are going to do and how it fits into the plan in advance of them doing any of it. Every carefully constructed theory falls apart if a bit of scientific method is applied. This is because it's all post-hoc rationalisation for those who just find the concept of chance and unexpected consequence too frightening or for those who have too much ego to admit any level of ignorance about the countless multifarious, seperate but interwoven events, motivations and accidents that make up a constantly shifting world of nearly 8 billion individual beings, all with differing experiences, beliefs, emotions and psychologies.

Some of those who tell you that they are in the know and you are not, might actually be right on an infinitely small scale. What they don't admit is that what they know may be more than you, but is still less than one percent of what there is to know to understand this world.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
30% of those who voted did so for a far right candidate (23% le pen, 7% Zemmour). That's crazy. If that were here I can only imagine what those on NSC who like to bash the UK at any given opportunity would be writing about our general public and how awful everyone is here yada yada

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Switched on the news briefly, but it was quickly switched back off again. I’m boycotting the news because it’s too harrowing.

Nevertheless, I did catch a brief glimpse of Macron & Le Pen.

My only take, was that the piece reminded me of Eurotrash. With Macron taking the role of the presenter and Le Pen, the role of one of the curiosities.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It is always the fault of the electorate. Nobody likes him anymore, with reason, but back in the day a young Ken Livingstone, a nonentity elector, unhappy with wishy washy labour in London, got involved, got elected, and then took over. This was not a conspiracy of the UK's leading families, in cahoots with the Duke of Edinborough, freemansons and the M15.

And we all know what happened. To draw the sting out of the GLC and Mayor, Thatcher abolished them. She made her antidemocratic intentions clear.

And the electorate then had a chance to respond. And they voted her back in. The electorate.

As a consequence militant labour decided to have 'no compromise with the electorate'. That went well :facepalm:

Some years later, a young lawyer, fed up with labour's nineteenth century obsession with state ownership and the right to secondary picket got himself elected as leader and promptly changed the constitution, instantly making the party electable. Was this a triumph of Mr Tony's freemason-lead conspiracy of the rest of the nation's elite families in a bloodless coup, thwarting the will of the people yet again to maintain the powers that be in power? No. The electorate decided again.

The shitness of our leaders reflects the fickle disengaged shitness of the electors. Us. If Bre'r frog is left with a choice between a nazi and a weird middle aged toy-boy they have only themselves to blame for the choices on offer.

You forgot the later chapters when the comedy London electorate voted Ken back in again to stick two fingers up to New Labour party because they thought it would be funny.

They then thought it would even funnier to stick two fingers up to Ken and his cronies by voting in Johnson who was pushed into the job by Cameron to keep him out the way.

Now that was funny...

The cycle of laughter was only broken by the Conservatives (who having lost all interest in the Mayoral elections) put candidates forward so awful they could only have been selected to lose.

This nearly backfired last time since the Tories forgot the current Mayor is technically invisible and theirs wasn't. Fortunately for them, their candidate was so bad he would have been beaten by an empty chair.

Arguably he was.

The London Mayoral elections are just like Britain's Got Talent, but without the talent.

No, actually like Britain's Got Talent.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You forgot the later chapters when the comedy London electorate voted Ken back in again to stick two fingers up to New Labour party because they thought it would be funny.

They then thought it would even funnier to stick two fingers up to Ken and his cronies by voting in Johnson who was pushed into the job by Cameron to keep him out the way.

Now that was funny...

The cycle of laughter was only broken by the Conservatives (who having lost all interest in the Mayoral elections) put candidates forward so awful they could only have been selected to lose.

This nearly backfired last time since the Tories forgot the current Mayor is technically invisible and theirs wasn't. Fortunately for them, their candidate was so bad he would have been beaten by an empty chair.

Arguably he was.

The London Mayoral elections are just like Britain's Got Talent, but without the talent.

No, actually like Britain's Got Talent.

Those London voters, eh? My, how we laughed.

Yes, it's true that when Thatcher's abolition was reversed, it replaced local government with a panto and grandstanding-without-teeth opportunity. And the winner was.....Johnson!

:facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
30% of those who voted did so for a far right candidate (23% le pen, 7% Zemmour). That's crazy. If that were here I can only imagine what those on NSC who like to bash the UK at any given opportunity would be writing about our general public and how awful everyone is here yada yada

France has always had a hard core on the far right back to the Vichy France days. What is notable there also is the rejection of traditional left and right - gaining just 7% of vote.

Putin will be praying for Le Pen and bots will be in overdrive, he got Trump, he got Brexit, the war on western liberal democracy continues...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sounds like the French public have the same divisive views we will have at our next election.

One just said it's like voting to have either the plague or cholera.

One to remember in a couple of years time.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
France has always had a hard core on the far right back to the Vichy France days. What is notable there also is the rejection of traditional left and right - gaining just 7% of vote.

Putin will be praying for Le Pen and bots will be in overdrive, he got Trump, he got Brexit, the war on western liberal democracy continues...

The French have been bitterly divided across a number of social and political fissures since 1789 which has created the accommodation of more extreme attitudes. The Dreyfus affair was in the 1890s and a helpful reference point to social attitudes in France compared to the U.K. who had already had a PM of jewish origins.

Pre and post WW2 communists regularly got over 20% of the vote in France and fear of communism is why many in France happily collaborated with Germany once occupied and/or as part of Vichy. In comparative terms there was more resistance activity in Norway than France in WW2.

Weirdly the French communist party supported sabotage of French arms factories and encouraged desertion as WW2 unfolded because Germany and Russia were in a non aggression pact, and yonly changed their minds on that policy when Barbarossa was launched.

Putin seems to have you rattled, with all these electoral successes and also recent failures…….by your logic he must be shitting himself that the leader of the free west is an incontinent, befuddled half wit, and as for Macron’s leadership……..hasn’t France been supplying Russia with arms in breach of EU embargoes?

Sacre bleu!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really hope Vlad the Defiler's chum - Le Pen - doesn't win.

It'll be interesting to see who the French choose later.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It will be a disaster if Le pen wins.....and not just for France.

Sadly in the rural areas, where I live they very much want that bitch voted in. It goes without saying that generally, the local yokels are as thick as shit.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Sadly in the rural areas, where I live they very much want that bitch voted in. It goes without saying that generally, the local yokels are as thick as shit.

It certainly is a massive election not just for France but also for the EU, NATO and the war in Ukraine, as an outsider looking in it turns my stomach to think a modern European democracy would vote into power such a fascist

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

voters getting voting wrong again is it? :rolleyes:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
voters getting voting wrong again is it? :rolleyes:
Yes, it is sadly possible that they could vote for a fascist President of France this time, which must be a worry to us all.

I'd call that as "voting wrong" - and it'll be a dark day if they do.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
On this sunny Sunday, I decided to have a pleasant wander round a local ‘vide grenier’. Now I’m so entrenched in French parking culture- I parked in the first available space in this packed village. What I didn’t realise that this said space was reserved specially for people voting in the election next door. Got out my car to some officious civil servant trying to issue me a fine for flouting the rules. After offering some choice words in both French and English- I took my marker pen stowed in my glove box and drew little Hitler moustaches on both Mr Macron and Miss Le Pens billboard posters adjoining the parking spaces. The odious little dwarf is now beetroot red faced. I then got back in my car and drove off swirling my ‘gilet jaune’. If Le Pen wins I’ll probable be deported, if Macron wins, I’ll probably be banged up in the Bastille for a ten stretch.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
On this sunny Sunday, I decided to have a pleasant wander round a local ‘vide grenier’. Now I’m so entrenched in French parking culture- I parked in the first available space in this packed village. What I didn’t realise that this said space was reserved specially for people voting in the election next door. Got out my car to some officious civil servant trying to issue me a fine for flouting the rules. After offering some choice words in both French and English- I took my marker pen stowed in my glove box and drew little Hitler moustaches on both Mr Macron and Miss Le Pens billboard posters adjoining the parking spaces. The odious little dwarf is now beetroot red faced. I then got back in my car and drove off swirling my ‘gilet jaune’. If Le Pen wins I’ll probable be deported, if Macron wins, I’ll probably be banged up in the Bastille for a ten stretch.

Is French admin still rediculous and implemented by people that know and act like they have a guaranteed job for life, regardless of how unpleasant they are to the people that pay their wages?

Also, what’s the early indications? Is turnout sufficient to indicate that enough people are holding their noses and voting Macron?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Is French admin still rediculous and implemented by people that know and act like they have a guaranteed job for life, regardless of how unpleasant they are to the people that pay their wages?

Also, what’s the early indications? Is turnout sufficient to indicate that enough people are holding their noses and voting Macron?

Yep French admin still a nightmare and getting worse. Don’t get me started on the newish online car registration system ANTS. It basically often doesn’t work! Brexit related paperwork for incoming goods is a minefield. Early indications is Macron winning- turnout low. Many people can’t be bothered to vote for 2 disliked people

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here