[Politics] French presidential election 2022

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nope, not at all.
Is 'neither' an option?

It's the only option, unless you're French, mon ami.

If you had a vote, would you cast it for Macron to help keep Le Pen out, or do you see them as equally bad and abstain?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The best way to afford a suit is to work - Emmanuel Macron

You disagree with that? It makes perfect sense to me :shrug:

If he said it, of course.

And of course there is the context, which you don't capture in what I assume is a quote.

"Let them eat cake" is a perfectly acceptable quote at a dinner party, after all :shrug:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
It's the only option, unless you're French, mon ami.

If you had a vote, would you cast it for Macron to help keep Le Pen out, or do you see them as equally bad and abstain?

Vote against the fascists. Not a fan of the far-right, very disturbing to see their rise against a backdrop of poverty and crisis. Sounds familiar no?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No problem, they give blowjobs to the same people, laugh at regular people in the same lodge, and the winner was decided years ago by those with real power. Like everywhere.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The best way to afford a suit is to work - Emmanuel Macron

You disagree with that? It makes perfect sense to me :shrug:

If he said it, of course.

And of course there is the context, which you don't capture in what I assume is a quote.

"Let them eat cake" is a perfectly acceptable quote at a dinner party, after all :shrug:

Well, exactly H.

Meanwhile, here's Le Pen.

"For those who want to talk a lot about World War II, if it's about occupation, then we could also talk about it (Muslim prayers in the streets), because that is occupation of territory. It is an occupation of sections of the territory, of districts in which religious laws apply. It's an occupation. There are of course no tanks, there are no soldiers, but it is nevertheless an occupation and it weighs heavily on local residents".

I guess the Muzzies wouldn't keep the Parisian cafes the way that Hitler did when the French surrendered in WW2 though. If you're going to be occupied it wouldn't be right to lose your Cassoulet and Premier Cru.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Vote against the fascists. Not a fan of the far-right, very disturbing to see their rise against a backdrop of poverty and crisis. Sounds familiar no?

I'd be interested to read PotG's views. The views of the rest of the civilised world (NSC's resident Fairy naziboy isn't part of that world, just in case he rocks up like a bad smell to comment apocryphally, as is his want) are not in doubt.

Come on PotG - explain how Macron and Le Pen are equivalent. Let's not have you backing away in time honoured fashion, pretending you haven't said anything remotely contestable ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here