Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There were other attacks though. For instance, in the second half Calderon chose to leave a header just outside the 6 yard box after it had been headed across at him. We didn't just have 3 attacks. Buckley made a sublime cross early in the first half that their player did well to clear before whoever (Barnes?) went steaming in for it.

I'd rather we played like we did on Saturday than 15 hopeful punts that are easily dealt with by the oppo keeper but go down as attempts on goal.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There were other attacks though. For instance, in the second half Calderon chose to leave a header just outside the 6 yard box after it had been headed across at him. We didn't just have 3 attacks. Buckley made a sublime cross early in the first half that their player did well to clear before whoever (Barnes?) went steaming in for it.

I'd rather we played like we did on Saturday than 15 hopeful punts that are easily dealt with by the oppo keeper but go down as attempts on goal.

And Lopez hit the base of the post from a lovely cross by Conway, and before that Crofts put a great headed chance wide.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Nor did we only have 3 shots in the second half.

Lua lua cut inside from the left and shot right of the goal. David had a volley that hit the post. We had a header wide early in the half. Probably others, too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Blimey, Oscar can't win. Lately he's focussed quite a lot on our lack of ruthlessness in from of goal, saying it's something we need to work on. We score 3 from 3 attacks and we complain that we should have had more shots. Even the OG was from a peach of a cross, that only needed a touch (from anyone) to be a goal.

My post wasn't complaining, but we did have a lot of possession in the first half without attacking, LuaLua's shot excepting. We came out in the second half with all guns blazing and then hit them hard which caused Bolton to collapse.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nor did we only have 3 shots in the second half.

Lua lua cut inside from the left and shot right of the goal. David had a volley that hit the post. We had a header wide early in the half. Probably others, too.

There were 15 shots which were off target, which is what you are describing.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Didn't even notice him playing on Saturday, another foreigner Liverpool wasted millions on and now dragging himself around lower clubs on a false reputation like Cisse, Diouf etc
He was awful...dreadful first touch and not a threat in the slightest.
Possibly a bit NSC controversial but I'd still love to have Beckford playing for us. He's got the talent in his locker, he needs a bit of Oscar love.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My post wasn't complaining, but we did have a lot of possession in the first half without attacking

'threatening'...'attacking'...we were both words in both halves. If you don't think that leaving the crossbar rattling, dangerous crosses and the like are threatening or attacking then you have pedantically strict definitions of both words. Just quoting shots on and off target is a very misleading way of describing the game.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Agree completely. The way some people are describing it, it sounds like they were at different matches to us.

I posted this on the gameday thread on how a Bolton fan saw it from another forum:

Brighton were poor, Literally the most cutting edge I seen all game was the ref's through ball. Whoever it was on your left wing, Lua Lua I believe...awful! He can't kick the ball.

Thought Lualua was the worst player on the pitch :wozza:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
.....Thought Lualua was the worst player on the pitch :wozza:

Ridiculous. As I was saying to some mates, he's very one-dimensional but it's one hell of a dimension and when the opposition don't know how to handle him he can be sublime.

The weird thing about KLL for me is the 'stilted' way he plays footie. The lad has talent, loads of it, but he plays as if he's learnt his football from a book. Zaha is the same. There's an awkwardness about them that belies the talent underneath. Compare and contrast to Vicente who plays like he's just going for a jog and the ball is attached to his foot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'threatening'...'attacking'...we were both words in both halves. If you don't think that leaving the crossbar rattling, dangerous crosses and the like are threatening or attacking then you have pedantically strict definitions of both words. Just quoting shots on and off target is a very misleading way of describing the game.

I was talking to my mates during the first half because there was so little action. I didn't think we would come back & win the game although one of my mates had confidence that we would. My other half was unwell so watched Football Focus where Kammy said that we had a lot of possession without much threat, so it wasn't just me.
As I said, we were very different in the second half and made it into a great game.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ridiculous. As I was saying to some mates, he's very one-dimensional but it's one hell of a dimension and when the opposition don't know how to handle him he can be sublime.

The weird thing about KLL for me is the 'stilted' way he plays footie. The lad has talent, loads of it, but he plays as if he's learnt his football from a book. Zaha is the same. There's an awkwardness about them that belies the talent underneath. Compare and contrast to Vicente who plays like he's just going for a jog and the ball is attached to his foot.

I know what you mean, it's all very stop / start & jerky. Perhaps he need to do that to throw the defenders off balance or give me the chance to accelerate past them. He's only really fast over short distances (as compared to the oppo players).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I posted this on the gameday thread on how a Bolton fan saw it from another forum:

Brighton were poor, Literally the most cutting edge I seen all game was the ref's through ball. Whoever it was on your left wing, Lua Lua I believe...awful! He can't kick the ball.

Thought Lualua was the worst player on the pitch :wozza:

But, the ref's through ball was for bolton, why is he saying that was the most cutting edge while appraising Brighton's performance?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
For Freedman going to Bolton is still a result even if he gets his P45. How much was he on again at CPFC2010, I recall it was CPFC2000 levels..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here