Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freedman!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What sort of balloon would deflect a football like that!?

If the angles are right anything can happen. I've seen grown men jumping on a balloon to burst it and being bounced off like a trampoline.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Any team that has David Ngog as their main striker deserves everything they get. Now there's a prime example of a foreign player who's stopped equally good English youngsters from getting a chance. At the bottom of the Championship, he's just about found his level.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Any team that has David Ngog as their main striker deserves everything they get. Now there's a prime example of a foreign player who's stopped equally good English youngsters from getting a chance. At the bottom of the Championship, he's just about found his level.

I actually disagree with you. I believe The Championship/Second Division is above his station. Always thought he was naff. His feeble performance yesterday confirmed that view.

100% agree about players like Ngog and his ilk keeping out home grown youngsters.

The pattern I've noticed over the years since the implementation of the Premier League - Out of all the so called big clubs, Liverpool appear to me to have been the guiltiest when it comes to importing overseas players who are complete overpriced gash. Andy Carroll and Downing bucked the trend slightly in that they were of course, home grown imported gash.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Bolton had a lot of long range shots, and the one from Ince unlucky pass ( did that hit a baloon ?).
They just seemed very low on confidence.
We had more possession and controlled the game without looking too threatening. This was due to no Leo, and a less imaginative midfield (Crofts and Ince) if we were allowed Andrews I feel he could have picked a better pass.

But when we scored one they fell apart until we let them off the hook. By then we scored three.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Bolton are 12/1 to be relegated:ohmy::ohmy: Looks far too big for me and anything other than a win against Yeovil on Saturday will see those odds slashed. Hills the bookie.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bolton had a lot of long range shots, and the one from Ince unlucky pass ( did that hit a baloon ?).
They just seemed very low on confidence.
We had more possession and controlled the game without looking too threatening. This was due to no Leo, and a less imaginative midfield (Crofts and Ince) if we were allowed Andrews I feel he could have picked a better pass.

But when we scored one they fell apart until we let them off the hook. By then we scored three.

The ball hit the ref. We weren't threatening at all in the first half. In the second half we got two shots on target. Luckily(!!) two shots equalled two goals.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The ball hit the ref. We weren't threatening at all in the first half. In the second half we got two shots on target. Luckily(!!) two shots equalled two goals.

How is 2 shots = 2 goals lucky? Buckley's goal was sublime.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh, do me a favour. It's far more threatening than, say a few tame shots hit straight at the keeper.

I agree with you but for the stats, hitting the crossbar is off target. I don't know if you remember the 2004 playoff games with Swindon when they thought they were so hard done by because they kept hitting the crossbar and King was going on about so many shots on target?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Didn't even notice him playing on Saturday, another foreigner Liverpool wasted millions on and now dragging himself around lower clubs on a false reputation like Cisse, Diouf etc

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Blimey, Oscar can't win. Lately he's focussed quite a lot on our lack of ruthlessness in from of goal, saying it's something we need to work on. We score 3 from 3 attacks and we complain that we should have had more shots. Even the OG was from a peach of a cross, that only needed a touch (from anyone) to be a goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here