Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Free beer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shame, usually had some really good beers on tap. Weird layout though and the narrow main bar was always a bit awkward

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
as others have said, the layout was an issue there, as it has been for all the businesses that have had that building. I think another craft beer place had it and then a vegetarian restaurant. Just an annoying shaped building

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Pretentious hipsters pontificating over IPA?

@Herr Tubthumper has just been spotted in Dieppe.

Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Started at 5pm. Can someone go and give us live updates, a la the match day thread.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I have always enjoyed my visits there. Great to have the chance to pretentiously pontificate about which IPA I fancied.

I won’t give in to temptation tonight. Tuesday drinking would destroy my week.

It was a pity that they closed the upstairs, and then the downstairs bits (it used to be on three floors), but the writing was clearly on the wall after this.

I was more disappointed that Bison’s Beach Bar was closed when I went to The Concorde in mid December. Isn’t this supposed to be open all year round now?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have always enjoyed my visits there. Great to have the chance to pretentiously pontificate about which IPA I fancied.

I won’t give in to temptation tonight. Tuesday drinking would destroy my week.

It was a pity that they closed the upstairs, and then the downstairs bits (it used to be on three floors), but the writing was clearly on the wall after this.

I was more disappointed that Bison’s Beach Bar was closed when I went to The Concorde in mid December. Isn’t this supposed to be open all year round now?
Do Bison have anything left now? The shop in East Street closed ages ago. I believe the Church Road bar has closed, now this North Laine bar.

Shame, as they were nice people with beers.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Do Bison have anything left now? The shop in East Street closed ages ago. I believe the Church Road bar has closed, now this North Laine bar.

Shame, as they were nice people with beers.
Their beach bar, which replaced the old shipping container set up they had, is big and very busy in the summer. It was open when I walked past on Sunday afternoon, but closed one evening in December.

I popped in and asked a barman if they were ever open in the evening, and he said yes, always. Clearly this was not true.

If the one in Church Road is closed that’s news to me. I was in there last autumn on one of my rare forays Hoveside.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here