Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

🎵 Freddie Mercury 25 years on.

sherrinned

Aug 12, 2003
West Worthing
Remember cycling to Crawley with a mate to buy tickets to see them at Milton Keynes on 5th June 1982. Worth every penny even though Hot Space was by far their worse album.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Today marks 25 years since he passed away at the age of 45 - what an incredible singer and performer, probably the only person I could name who I am genuinely gutted to never have had the chance to see live.

:bowdown:

[yt]D2yymMhjRu8[/yt]

Saw Queen once at the Brighton Centre ..wish it had been more

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I saw the last ever concert at Knebworth he was a magnificent entertainer.

Interestingly enough the smart money then was Elton would be next, thankfully he is still with us

I was at that one too, although obviously at the time we didn't know it was to be their last ever live gig :down:

Also saw them at Birmingham NEC on The Works tour in '84

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[yt]HgzGwKwLmgM[/yt]

One of the three songs chosen by Tim Peake to listen to in the Soyuz capsule before his launch to the ISS last year - by tradition all astronauts get the chance to hear three songs of their choice while waiting to launch. Tim Peake's other two were "Beautiful Day" by U2 and a "A Sky Full Of Stars" by Coldplay, so I'm pretty confident in saying we're hearing the best of the bunch in the above link!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
One thing I notice about all the clips from Live Aid/Wembley etc...that I think we've lost now is that everyone in the crowd is focused on enjoying what's happening on the stage and losing themselves in the moment, rather than filming it on a ****ing phone as you see at pretty much every concert these days.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I was too young and didnt really get Queen, was too busy with the acid house scene but its wierd how music taste changes. I respect Freddie and Michael Jackson as the most talented perfomances I ever missed out on along with classics like SImon and Garfunkel for just talent . I was busy djing old school and drum and bass

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here