Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

🎵 Freddie Mercury 25 years on.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
probably the only person I could name who I am genuinely gutted to never have had the chance to see live.

:bowdown:

[yt]D2yymMhjRu8[/yt]

I still remember being in virgin superstore in western road and mulling over queen at Wembley stadium tickets. I was in the verge of buying a couple but had a change of heart. I told the assistant, 'never mind, I'll buy some some other time.' I've thought of that moment hundreds of times and regretted it ever since.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[yt]ukC2FIjwUqM[/yt]

:bowdown:

He had the perfect combination of personality, charisma and sheer vocal talent, we'll not see his like again.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I still remember being in virgin superstore in western road and mulling over queen at Wembley stadium tickets. I was in the verge of buying a couple but had a change of heart. I told the assistant, 'never mind, I'll buy some some other time.' I've thought of that moment hundreds of times and regretted it ever since.

Ouch, I can only imagine the regret. :down:

I was only 7 when he died, so that's my excuse for never seeing him/them live.

What a talent though.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Whatever your views on Freddie, Queen or Danny Baker......a fascinating insight and tale about early Queen in the record store where DB worked with their first album Promo is to be found in 'Going to Sea in a Sieve'.

Well worth a read/listen.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Extremely gifted but flawed. I best not attach Joe Haines article but it made an interesting but brutal read. I remember reading it at my grandads who was chuntering some extremely choice words about pop stars of today. Still Mercury was a very talented musician.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
With you completely on this. A stunning performance (from them both) of a fantastic piece. Not just my favourite Freddie song, one of may favourites full stop.

It was his dream to sing with her.......so glad he did.

One of my favourites too. The theme to The Barcelona Olympics as well.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Extremely gifted but flawed. I best not attach Joe Haines article but it made an interesting but brutal read. I remember reading it at my grandads who was chuntering some extremely choice words about pop stars of today. Still Mercury was a very talented musician.

Please do mention it, do not say something and then not have the follow up

For me Freddie was one of the greatest ever, him and Jacko cannot be split and one of my earliest musical memories

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Fat-bottomed Girls.

Saw Queen at the free Hyde Park concert in 1976 - 150,000 there.

Blimey! 150,000 Fat bottomed girls in Hyde Park all at once. Must have been a tight fit :blush: BTW just got to our hotel having been to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, a must to get you in the festive mood.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We Will Rock You was great to see, especially Curly Watts being involved in the Queen music :lolol:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The sight of him being carried on to the Brighton Centre stage with a crown and long ermin trimmed cape with live with me forever! A great singer and showman. It was just a great experience. Difficult to come up with a favourite but Innuendo is one of my favourite tracks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I saw the last ever concert at Knebworth he was a magnificent entertainer.

Interestingly enough the smart money then was Elton would be next, thankfully he is still with us

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A song like Bohemian Rhapsody would never be heard on popular radio in this day and age.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Freddie or Queen don't even need to be at a concert......

Went to see Green Day at The Emirates 3 years ago, and Bohemian Rhapsody was played over the PA whilst waiting for Green Day to come on,and this happened......

[YT]iw4PS4HO2Dw[/YT]

I'm somewhere in the middle just to the right of the big white sound tent

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We Will Rock You was great to see, especially Curly Watts being involved in the Queen music :lolol:

Personally didn't like We will rock you, probably as too familiar with the songs to appreciate them in a theatre environment.

However lucky enough to have seen Queen at the Brighton Centre some years ago, which is second only to Bruce Springsteen as the best gig at the Centre that I have seen.

In terms of one song, I'm surprised that Bohemian Rhapsody hasn't been mentioned that often. I will go with Death on two legs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here