Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fraser Forster as a Matt Ryan replacement?

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Forster will not be wanted here as he's not in the sweeper keeper style.
Potter and more importantly Ashworth will only want keepers who can play out with there feet with high agility as this is the "in style" at the moment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea if this guy is what we need but what is certain is that we need a keeper to give Ryan genuine competition. Best way to keep players on their toes FACT

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Because maybe we do it all the time...

Ryan is too small and only saves shots hit at him (bollox)
Stephens can only pass backwards
Gross is too slow
Bernardo is shit
Bong was shit
Maupay was shit (now everyone likes him)

I could go on, but like this threads criticising players and quite frankly replacing them with inferior players are just relentlessly boring too...

Maybe to you, but clearly there’s a desire for these threads if they keep appearing, no? Admittedly the suggestion of Forster isn’t a great one, but we’re not signing Oblak so there needs to be a level of realism, unless of course football fans talking about football players on a football forum is not permitted? The way I see it, if you don’t particularly like the content of a particular thread then don’t go into it or post, unless you have constructive opinions or arguments which is obviously very welcome, but just pitching up in a thread to tell people you don’t like what they’re contributing is just a bit silly.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Gross is too slow
Bernardo is shit
Bong was shit

I could go on, but like this threads criticising players and quite frankly replacing them with inferior players are just relentlessly boring too...

And here steps forward another hypocrite.. so you take issue with fans being critical?

Well let’s see what darkwolf666 has had to say about players here:

No 2 is just further evidence he’s not the wonder kid we were hoping he would be...

Cos 5 of them can’t hit a barn door, or a cow’s arse with a banjo, or couldn’t score in a brothel, etc., etc....

This ^ seems far more harsh then the discussion being had here.

This is a strange and interesting phenomenon of late. “Well how dare you criticise so and so you’re not a real fan..”, yet they do the same thing? Some kind of weird fan virtue signalling.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Gross is too slow
Bernardo is shit
Bong was shit

Maybe so, but people will always have differing opinions, and that is what this site is for, allowing us fans to express them. As the saying goes, if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Keepers are a strange breed. They go from hero to zero so quickly. I wouldn't give up on Maty, he is a decent keeper. Of course he has flaws but who doesn't? Chelsea spent £70m on Kepa and want rid. United are paying De Gea £15m+ a year and he's been dreadful. With a limited budget like ours, I don't think GK is a priority area.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Maybe so, but people will always have differing opinions, and that is what this site is for, allowing us fans to express them. As the saying goes, if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

If you look, it wasn't my criticism of players that was a problem, just the constant procession of second rate replacements that get trotted out everyone someone's contract is up!

I trust Graham Potter to know who needs replacing, who isn't good enough - and there clearly are some that aren't, but don't make the team worse with inferior alternatives.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
And here steps forward another hypocrite.. so you take issue with fans being critical?

Well let’s see what darkwolf666 has had to say about players here:

This ^ seems far more harsh then the discussion being had here.

This is a strange and interesting phenomenon of late. “Well how dare you criticise so and so you’re not a real fan..”, yet they do the same thing? Some kind of weird fan virtue signalling.

I accidentally replied to you on post #47, if you are interested you can look there to see what I replied.

It's not about criticism of individuals, but the regurgitation of threads of players who could "do a job" just because their contracts are up!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
If you look, it wasn't my criticism of players that was a problem, just the constant procession of second rate replacements that get trotted out everyone someone's contract is up!

I trust Graham Potter to know who needs replacing, who isn't good enough - and there clearly are some that aren't, but don't make the team worse with inferior alternatives.

Ok fair [emoji106]

I completely trust GP and his judgement as well. Let’s see what happens.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:yawn:

Why can’t ‘supporters’ have a discussion about our players without people like you having to be offended. And why do you feel the need to do the whole ‘supporters’ thing anyway? Nobody is trying to ‘shit on the team’ , it’s a thread about maybe looking at upgrading a player, why you feel the need to poke your overactive beak into every single thread never ceases to amaze me.

That would be great but it isn't that thread this is:-

- I've got family who are season ticket holders at Club Brugge they think he's shithouse.
- Half time v Valencia (when he played well but for... ) see I told you so.
- Much the same for the next couple of games.

- Followed by total silence as Maty earned the team points and helped keep us out of relegation, twice.

- Now, I always said he was shite, get in a poor replacement because he's tall.

That's not a debate, that's 'classic palace' and it stinks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You mean like how you were recently slagging off Solly?

So it’s ok when you’re critical. I see.

Get over this. Football fans for all clubs everywhere have opinions on players. You ever been to a game? Been to a pub afterwards? You hear far worse said there then you do here on NSC.

Deluded.

If you rate one post where I drag my feet in saying 'he doesn't seem up to it' as slagging off.

How do you view your output concerning several players over the last few weeks?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I'd be quite happy to keep Ryan but would also not be averse to Ramsdale from Bournemouth when they go down. I haven't given any consideration whatsoever to how much he'd cost or what kind of sweeper he is, I just watched him rob three points from us down there this year.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Deluded.

If you rate one post where I drag my feet in saying 'he doesn't seem up to it' as slagging off.

How do you view your output concerning several players over the last few weeks?

Just fine. I stand by everything I’ve said.

Several players? Not true. Which players? I’ve been very positive about our direction under GP actually, have been since he came on board.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a staggering thread. Fraser Forster? FFS! This season - and the previous 2 Prem seasons - we've conceded less goals than a Southampton side that Fraser can't even get into!

The facts on Ryan:

2017/18: 3rd most saves in the Prem (124)
2018/19: 8th most saves (97)
2019/20: 6th most saves (111)

And in those 3 seasons in terms of conceding goals our defence has ranked 9th, 14th and currently 12th equal., so above the 15th, 17th and 15th places we've occupied.

He is NOT the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here