Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Frank Lampard’s Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Anyone notice how Enciso has packed on the muscle of late?

I remember how Trossard was transformed from a lightweight, into a PL-ready player, presumably through sessions in the gym.
I think the same thing has been happening with Enciso. He seems harder to knock off the ball these days.

The extra power would have also come in handy when he unleashed that shot today.
What I did notice was how the young subs Chelsea put on looked like year 9 (3rd/4th year depending how old your money is) school kids compared to our youngsters. My arms would've filled out their shirt sleeves more, admittedly that may be down to unhealthy lifestyle choices but they looked as if they'd snap if they fell down! I love Solly to pieces but he did used to look a bit delicate in his younger years but never as delicate as what Chelsea bought on today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Marvelous, we've just completed the double over one of the big six for the first time in our history and what is seemingly more important to you is how quickly you got home!!!
Do you really think that amount of poison gushing out of you is a good look?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Just watched MOTD.

I wanted to make this point earlier, but now I've seen it again, I want to give a shout for Pascal Gross in our first goal.
He can put a ball on a dinner plate. He made his cross for Welbeck, and he didn't have to move. The ball arrived right on his head.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just watched MOTD.

I wanted to make this point earlier, but now I've seen it again, I want to give a shout for Pascal Gross in our first goal.
He can put a ball on a dinner plate. He made his cross for Welbeck, and he didn't have to move. The ball arrived right on his head.
Amongst all the wonderkids doing wonderkid things, Pascal Gross just gets quietly on with his business of being absolutely f***ing fantastic.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just watched MOTD.

Welbeck in his interview said something along the lines of 'when certain players have the ball, you know where they are going to put it'.

And I still remember Murray being asked about what had made the difference when he went on a goal fest after a drought - and he just said 'Pascal Gross'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We must at moment be the premier leagues unluckiest team
It's not even close (despite that we turned the game around after your post)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I shall always remember what Tim Vickery said about him. I think it was before we had signed him. He said he always seems to come away with the ball.

So true.
I love Tim Vickery almost as much as Caicedo. A reminder what proper football journalism looks like.

But as well as winning the ball he is just so good on the ball in VERY tight spaces. Essential to how we play. I can’t think of anyone as good at that play making AND the ball winning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here