Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Frank Lampard’s Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Odd starting XI for Chelsea. Clearly going for pace up top but on paper their bench is stronger than the starters. Slightly worried that they’ve picked players channeling “Chelsea spirit” in training

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The Betfair market definitely fancies our chances:

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 14.37.58.png

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
“Sanchez is leagues above Steele in terms of ability.”
I have to disagree with you. I feel much more comfortable when Steele is in goal. I just hope he doesn’t drop the ball today.
This for me.

If you looked back at our highlights this season, Sanchez as made a lot of unpunished mistakes.

He has been punished a few times completly missing the ball from a corner costing us points. For balance, he has also made some cracking saves which have won us points.

I like him a lot and think he has huge potential, but I have felt nervous when he as played and said so to my son.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Sanchez does have a couple of unforced errors in him, but he and Steele are very similar. Steel certainly hasn’t played enough games to be compared to Sanchez just yet though… glad to see him back!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This for me.

If you looked back at our highlights this season, Sanchez as made a lot of unpunished mistakes.

He has been punished a few times completly missing the ball from a corner costing us points. For balance, he has also made some cracking saves which have won us points.

I like him a lot and think he has huge potential, but I have felt nervous when he as played and said so to my son.
What did your son think?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Sanchez does have a couple of unforced errors in him, but he and Steele are very similar. Steel certainly hasn’t played enough games to be compared to Sanchez just yet though… glad to see him back!
Yep, I expect to see at least one world class save, a couple of dodgy catches from crosses and some heart-stopping passes out.
That said, all is good. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here