[Albion] Frank Lampard’s Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
And we don't?
That's not really my point. I'm not denying our quality and never will. But a combination of VAR and being wasteful has meant we haven't been firing as we could over the last few weeks and their squad, whatever we might think about their spending etc, is ludicrous. I also think the players will be very aware that their bottle job at ours was one of the catalysts for the mess they're in. Maybe they genuinely don't have the mental fibre to battle their way out of this stink and maybe I (and others) have overrated a team with players like Kante, James and Felix in, but i suspect someone is getting a hiding soon. We'll need to be at our very best (and definitely take our chances AND definitely not have another VAR shitshow).
Probably just my pessimistic outlook, particularly hard after last week.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Chelsea's defence is as ropey as Liverpool's. Probably ropier. There's no way they'll cope with Mitoma for starters. Nor the New Improved Super Solly. Just hoping the boy Evan gets a start, to cash in on all the good wing work. Also hoping Sideshow Marc gets a start so he can have yet another waking nightmare :lol:
Evan has to start. Welbz done great lately but Ferguson offers us more.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I just can't believe we'll be allowed to win today. Last week clearly demonstrated that the old order cannot be changed, and teams like Brighton cannot be permitted to crash the party.

Still, at least this one isn't a six-pointer - in many respects Chelsea do not matter these days.
But last week was the game at which to do the damage. They've done the job - so I expect it to return to normal levels of incompetence today.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Not confident today. Kavanagh will be well up for this after the beating his mates have taken in the media over the last few days. He will be out for revenge and we have little to no chance of winning.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
For perhaps the only time in our history, we're actually better than them. For all their money and their entitlement, little old Brighton have a better team than Chelsea. I'm going for 3-1 Albion. Sadly, we may be witnessing the last days of the MacAllister, Caicedo, Mitoma era, but let's enjoy it while we can. And maybe Ayari, Buonanotte and whatever other hidden gem we can find , can pick up the baton and keep our dream alive.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
That's not really my point. I'm not denying our quality and never will. But a combination of VAR and being wasteful has meant we haven't been firing as we could over the last few weeks and their squad, whatever we might think about their spending etc, is ludicrous. I also think the players will be very aware that their bottle job at ours was one of the catalysts for the mess they're in. Maybe they genuinely don't have the mental fibre to battle their way out of this stink and maybe I (and others) have overrated a team with players like Kante, James and Felix in, but i suspect someone is getting a hiding soon. We'll need to be at our very best (and definitely take our chances AND definitely not have another VAR shitshow).
Probably just my pessimistic outlook, particularly hard after last week.
VAR will not play a (bad) part today.....nailed on.
Yes, someone may well get a hiding, soon, but today is not that day.
We will need to be at our best and I believe that we will be, or all that we have done so far will rapidly go to pot(ter).
0 - 3. :)

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
A few weeks ago somebody advised downloading Firefox browser for activities when matches are on. Have done so but still getting loads of ads and diversions before eventually getting to the action. Is there some sort of special setting on the browser I need please? I'm using it on Android if that makes any difference.
Thanks

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A few weeks ago somebody advised downloading Firefox browser for activities when matches are on. Have done so but still getting loads of ads and diversions before eventually getting to the action. Is there some sort of special setting on the browser I need please? I'm using it on Android if that makes me difference.
Thanks

Search for and install the addon uBlock Origin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports