Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Frank Lampard’s Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
However we spin it, we’ve beaten Chelsea like once ever and they are current Champions League semi finalists. We have to be realistic about the expected outcome, but hope for the best.
Tbh, I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a win from us, given both teams current form, despite our previous record against them. :)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Tbh, I don't think it's unrealistic to expect a win from us, given both teams current form, despite our previous record against them. :)
I think perhaps expecting a win is a bit far, but we have a shout if we turn up like we did last week and throughout the season.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I think perhaps expecting a win is a bit far, but we have a shout if we turn up like we did last week and throughout the season.
Yes, I know...but we're either coming out all guns blazing, to compensate for the debacle last week, or we're going to be disillusioned and play badly.
I predict the former and a convincing win for us.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
If a manager gets a red they don’t get a ban for the next week, they’ll only miss matches due to cumulative yellows (is my understanding).

Pretty sure that's not right. Didn't RDZ get a red in the tunnel after the Fulham game and in the stands for the Stoke Cup game?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just been sent this by a friend "There will be no VAR controversies. The ref will be biased in our favour and we will thump them". I will go along with that.
Yes, I know...but we're either coming out all guns blazing, to compensate for the debacle last week, or we're going to be disillusioned and play badly.
I predict the former and a convincing win for us.
I think we’ll give it a great go. Who knows; I never think effort or heart is an issue with these players - I felt the same under Potter in fairness to him.

Whether we get the decisions, have the clinical moments up front - that’s where we fall down. Our all round play would give anybody a game - and has!

I just feel very bad about today. Chelsea side with so much to prove, Lampard “coming home”, last Saturday’s debacle like a spectre over us.

I’d love a positive result of course, but for once we actually need a little luck.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I think we’ll give it a great go. Who knows; I never think effort or heart is an issue with these players - I felt the same under Potter in fairness to him.

Whether we get the decisions, have the clinical moments up front - that’s where we fall down. Our all round play would give anybody a game - and has!

I just feel very bad about today. Chelsea side with so much to prove, Lampard “coming home”, last Saturday’s debacle like a spectre over us.

I’d love a positive result of course, but for once we actually need a little luck.
Keep the faith. :cool:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Attachments

• 20230415_112710.jpg
    20230415_112710.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 58

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Pretty sure that's not right. Didn't RDZ get a red in the tunnel after the Fulham game and in the stands for the Stoke Cup game?
Ah maybe it means they don’t automatically miss the next match but depends on the nature of the red card.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Newcastle haven’t started. Villa shithousing unnecessary, if they kept play going more they could kill this game dead with goals.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They managed to play their best team possible in the Champions League and I thought they were very good for about the first 15 minutes. I can't see us getting a result today sadly. One game it will click for them, they simply have too much talent for it not to. Need to start really brightly. Hoping VAR will also do us a favour.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Chelsea's defence is as ropey as Liverpool's. Probably ropier. There's no way they'll cope with Mitoma for starters. Nor the New Improved Super Solly. Just hoping the boy Evan gets a start, to cash in on all the good wing work. Also hoping Sideshow Marc gets a start so he can have yet another waking nightmare :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here