Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank lampard

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We had a tight squad pushing for promotion when both those big time Charlies joined as well.

They didn't seem to cause too much issue. That's my point.

I'm not even arguing that I want Lampard to join. But I find it bizarre to say the least that people slam his character as a reason not to. He is THE model professional from the premier league era.
Exactly this. I'd imagine it was issues like wage structure, the effect on team spirit and whether or not we actually needed him that would govern any decision to sign him.

If Hughton wanted him, that would be good enough for me all day long. I certainly don't imagine his age or fitness levels are relevant at all though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At this stage in the Albion game, it would be unbelievably tinpot to sign Fat Frank in any kind of playing capacity. Fully trust CH to have nothing to do with that kind of stunt.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Exactly this. I'd imagine it was issues like wage structure, the effect on team spirit and whether or not we actually needed him that would govern any decision to sign him.

If Hughton wanted him, that would be good enough for me all day long. I certainly don't imagine his age or fitness levels are relevant at all though.
I very much doubt the story has any truth to it , but for some to describe him as a fat/media loving/big time Charlie is preposterous the bloke is a class act and model pro.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Let's get Bobby Charlton in as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here