Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank lampard

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Exactly what this progressive team needs is a press-loving 38+ year old with an opinionated press-loving dad and a career that ended 2 seasons ago, who'd break the salary bar.

As imagination goes, there's none in this story.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Exactly what this progressive team needs is a press-loving 38+ year old with an opinionated press-loving dad and a career that ended 2 seasons ago, who'd break the salary bar.

That would be a "no" from you then :lolol:

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
If it does happen and I really don't think it will do we all really know the facts.

Everyone says big time charlie, circus etc yet those that know him speak very highly of him and suggest he is anything but a big time person.

They say he was always one of the hardest working and training players in the team and surely this would be a great thing for a younger players to gain knowledge and understanding.

Finally it may shift a few more shirts, Lampard is/was a global name in football, so could potentially get some revenue from this.

As I say, I really don't think it would happen but from what I hear if it did, I really don't think it would be as bad as some people make out, people who make statements with no fact and simply base opinions from things they have heard, as opposed to listening to people that do know.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
They were still playing, fit and able rather than past it and f@t.

Vicente left Valencia in May. Had no club and joined us in September.

Bridge played his last game in March before joining us in July.

I'm assuming you've watched him recently to know he is past it and fat rather than just making a lazy assumption.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
They signing too are they? I am talking currently ...as it stands right now.

We had a tight squad pushing for promotion when both those big time Charlies joined as well.

They didn't seem to cause too much issue. That's my point.

I'm not even arguing that I want Lampard to join. But I find it bizarre to say the least that people slam his character as a reason not to. He is THE model professional from the premier league era.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
We had a tight squad pushing for promotion when both those big time Charlies joined as well.

They didn't seem to cause too much issue. That's my point.

I'm not even arguing that I want Lampard to join. But I find it bizarre to say the least that people slam his character as a reason not to. He is THE model professional from the premier league era.

Well I disagree, Bridge had not been playing for quite sometime if I remember rightly and Vicente, as much as he was great in his day he was a bit under the radar and hardly came here with the same limelight Lampard would.
We didn't go up those seasons, and no, I am not claiming they were the reasons why but I am claiming that keeping this current squad tight is likely to be the difference. Lampard has had a great career but I would rather we wouldn't spend a lot of money (wages) on a very short term risk.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I see it as we have a whole squad of mates working very hard for each other to reach the ultimate goal, I don't want a big bollo**s coming in followed by a media circus. No no no. I would rather have players desperate to achieve something rather than players coming here for an easy pay day.

In terms of gormlessness it would be on a par with the Albion signing Robbie Savage in the Withdean era.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
They were still playing, fit and able rather than past it and f@t.

He is neither past it or fat, whereas Vicente was anything but fit and able , and Bridge's career was curtailed by injury at Reading I recall, wasn't he injured a lot here too ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Press.loving ? Bollox, and.tbe same.goes.for your ridiculous statement about his father.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He had a house in Ferring/East Preston about 6 years ago. Saw him drive his Lambo around.

So on the assumption that he would want something closer to home Ferring FC would be an ideal fit for him. The only sticking points would be whether he would be prepared to drop down to Southern Counties Division 2 and could they afford his wages. I think this story could have legs.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
For those that think he would bring a "Media Circus" with him just break that down a bit and explain just what their definition of a 'Media Circus' is? Please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here