Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Frank Bruno, mad as box of frogs!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very distressing interview, had to turn it off. Although Frank makes some salient points about drug therapy.

I agree with others that he is best kept away from the public spotlight- especially as it leads to threads that start with the opening gambit of this one.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Why is everyone judging his mental health? I think he's actually looking at lot better and comes across as a decent, honest man. I'd still rather spend a day with Frank Bruno than Chris Eubank sr.

I know which one of them would sthend me crazy.

My thoughts too. Frank has no pretensions...or a need for a cane and bowler hat.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was brave enough to go on national tv to explain that not enough is being done to fight depression and mental illness in this country. He informed us that in his opinion divvying out drugs willy nilly is not always the answer and can often makes things worse.
Then he talks about fighting again.................the man has never stopped fighting, in my opinion.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He went to school in Sussex, just up the road from Burwash.

We knew a woodsman/game keeper (can't remember which) who used to live just outside the grounds. Lovely proper old school Sussex countryman with the accent to match. I think Frank used to wander out every now and then and got to know him.

They kept in contact and I understand he came down to see him before the Tyson fight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, mental illness is a serious thing - no way would I want to minimise or trivialise it.

But, for the people's Frank Bruno to try to fight again, that would be a decision for which "mad as a box of frogs" would be apposite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here