Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Frank Bruno, mad as box of frogs!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I'm not sure what I find sadder - dear old Frank who needs help or grown ups trading cheap insults off the back of it!!

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
The fact you and your family find it amusing and can make light of it, does not mean the rest of the community on here do.
I am currently suffering due a major accident I had not so long ago which has changed my life. I can say, I don't find it funny at all.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I read the thread title in regard to Bruno wanting to box again at the age of 54, not any underlying disorder he might have. Fair enough comment really.

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Whatever you all think. I think mental health professionals throw drugs at some (not all) problems way to easy. Alot of the time depression/anxiety can be helped with hard work, counsilling, heavy exercise, meditation, living in the moment (buddhism). I speak from some decent experience (myself, mum and wife have all had issues at times) and to me Frank speaks a lot of sense. There is no magic pill for mental health issues and it's all to easy to throw drugs at a problem when it comes to mental health, but very often make the problem worse! There are a lot of people on this thread that have no f'ing clue what they are talking about.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Whatever you all think. I think mental health professionals throw drugs at some (not all) problems way to easy. Alot of the time depression/anxiety can be helped with hard work, counsilling, heavy exercise, meditation, living in the moment (buddhism). I speak from some decent experience (myself, mum and wife have all had issues at times) and to me Frank speaks a lot of sense. There is no magic pill for mental health issues and it's all to easy to throw drugs at a problem when it comes to mental health, but very often make the problem worse! There are a lot of people on this thread that have no f'ing clue what they are talking about.
Spot on...
Most of us know or have relatives with these issues and it's all about the drugs due to lack of recourses for councilling etc.The same as depression which is in the lower band of issues in which many don't understand what's going on and before you know it they've suddenly stepped up to the next level of mental health issues.

To be frank in my experience the doctors and even the hospital were pointless and researching symptoms and keeping healthy is the way forward for most....sadly many these days don't seem to have the intelligence to research into the symptoms and to work on them.

D

Deleted member 22389

My dad was an intelligent bloke, then one day he started doing strange things. After numerous visits to the hospital and then to a psychiatrist he was finally diagnosed as having bi-polar disorder. He was sectioned under the mental health act for a month, because he was becoming a danger to himself and me and my mum needed a break.

I don't want anyone to go through the same struggles that we did, it was hard work culminating in me suddenly feeling ill one day and suffering from depression myself because of the physical and mental exhaustion of dealing with my dad for so long.

My dad passed away in 2004, a culmination of his mental illness and diabetes. Mental illness can effect anyone. As for the drugs, he was up and down. There where glimpses of my dad being back and then suddenly that would change.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Quite right, the way I put it was wrong, but was NOT making a joke of it, just portraying in a manner the way my relative deals with the illness.

Perhaps some people thought that your thread title 'Frank Bruno, mad as a box of frogs', followed by the punchline 'he's maaaaddd', and NOT mentioning your relative in the original post was an unusual way to portray how your relative deals with the condition?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Why is everyone judging his mental health? I think he's actually looking at lot better and comes across as a decent, honest man. I'd still rather spend a day with Frank Bruno than Chris Eubank sr.

I know which one of them would sthend me crazy.

Churchill44

Jan 23, 2016
Love Frank Bruno met him in Bexleyheath, superb bloke and wish him well. BBBofC wont give him a license even though they gave a 59 year old one in December. Frank is in incredible shape so why not if he is physically right. He is in better shape than a lot of us :)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Hope to goodness that you don't get this dreadful illness that Frank Bruno has. It can affect anybody and is not helped by pillocks like you trying to make a joke of it !

Here here !!! I have Bi Polar Disorder and its not a barrel of laughs i can tell you that. And i do have a medical background

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Love Frank Bruno met him in Bexleyheath, superb bloke and wish him well. BBBofC wont give him a license even though they gave a 59 year old one in December. Frank is in incredible shape so why not if he is physically right. He is in better shape than a lot of us :)

I don't think his physical condition is going to be their main concern, nor should it be.

Churchill44

Jan 23, 2016
I don't think his physical condition is going to be their main concern, nor should it be.

Many professional athletes have still performed with the illness. However, it would set a precedent for boxers if Frank was given his license back which is highly unlikely.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Many professional athletes have still performed with the illness. However, it would set a precedent for boxers if Frank was given his license back which is highly unlikely.
Oh definitely, but to liken boxing (where the possibility of serious injury is presumably far higher than in others) to any other sport would be a little unreasonable in this instance.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Read the posts and then watched the video expecting to be saddened at Franks mental state,instead I saw someone expressing the concerns that I have about the treatment of mental health.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here