Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

François Fillon

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't see it as a nightmare. I really don't think it matters who the conservatives put up. That candidate will win.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't see it as a nightmare. I really don't think it matters who the conservatives put up. That candidate will win.
You are probably correct however Fillon is likely the candidate that Le Pen would have least liked to fight.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not the result Le Pen wanted

Tories v UKIP, instead of Labour v UKIP

Indeed. She didn't expect this and having to rake up whatever she can find against him. My bet at 3/1 on MLP is looking less good.

The issue will be that Fillon has a radical cure for France's malaise: He is Thatcher++. Supports a reduction of 500k civil servants and radically cutting public expenditure. So if you are a public employeee, are you the turkey that will vote for Xmas? The unions have already 'promised' massive strikes, and France does strikes seriously. We can conclude the Left is unlikely to support Fillon. MLP, bizarrely, is courting the extreme left vote. Next June will see a very different country one way or the other.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Indeed. She didn't expect this and having to rake up whatever she can find against him. My bet at 3/1 on MLP is looking less good.

Expect to see attacks on him as candidate of the establishment. Much like Trump and Clinton but with a whiff of onions and garlic.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Unfortunately our system is crook as well. A party with over 4 million votes, more than the Libs,SNP and Greens put together, should have about 83 seats.

Indeed, and I am sure you've been complaining about the way the LibDems have been suffering with this for decades. No doubt about which way you voted in the last referendum but one!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Indeed, and I am sure you've been complaining about the way the LibDems have been suffering with this for decades. No doubt about which way you voted in the last referendum but one!
I have never voted Lib Dem, but quite frankly, I have for many years supported their aim for pr. Don't suppose that simply because someone supports Brexit that they are unreasonable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here