Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Four wins

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why would you expect a win? Potter is not winning any more than Hughton.

Most though seem to fancy the style without any better results. You get what you wish for I suppose.

Not yet, but I bet he will have won more games by the end of the season though. He's had a dozen games to implement a complete change- Hughton had 4 years to shape things to his style of play.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would you expect a win? Potter is not winning any more than Hughton.

Most though seem to fancy the style without any better results. You get what you wish for I suppose.

'come on lads it's only Liverpool'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Incredibly tight this season, just 5 points covering 5th (Wolves) to 15th (Everton). This time last season Everton were 5 points behind 5th place (Arsenal) but found themselves in 6th place in the table.

To answer [MENTION=29690]essbee1[/MENTION] question about goal difference. Fulham in 20th had -19, Cardiff in 19th had -15 and Southampton in 18th had -14, so this season is very similar in that respect.

https://www.premierleague.com/matchweek/3272/table

Huddersfield were also -14 which helped Southampton escape the drop.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's quite remarkable how close we're tracking to last season.

In both seasons...

Played: 13
Won: 4
Drawn: 3
Lost: 6
Against: 19

The only difference is last year we'd scored 14 at this stage, and this year we've scored 15.

Which is ok.. as the end of last season was terrible!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Exciting being in the PL, very positive posts here, looks like we’re all loving it. Nice to step back and enjoy watching the brilliance of the likes of Maddison, Vardy and Mane. It doesn’t come much better.

I can not and will not accept maddison(yeah, he falls over a lot)as being brilliant. I rate him below mr tumble in his range of skill but above the c**t who wears girls socks

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can not and will not accept maddison(yeah, he falls over a lot)as being brilliant. I rate him below mr tumble in his range of skill but above the c**t who wears girls socks

They’re all it these days, perhaps apart from an honest Albion. Did you watch West Ham v Spuds, Kane did parachute rolls after the slightest touch.

Back on theme, don’t you get excited when although we’re outclassed, you get to see the brilliance of the Leicester players, Mane, Firmino, James, Rashford, Willian, Kante? I can’t remember NSC (away from political threads) ever being more chilled on football matters. The forum used to be fragmented on Albion issues, now it’s possibly just two posters who didn’t love seeing the ManU and Leicester brilliance.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They’re all it these days, perhaps apart from an honest Albion. Did you watch West Ham v Spuds, Kane did parachute rolls after the slightest touch.

Back on theme, don’t you get excited when although we’re outclassed, you get to see the brilliance of the Leicester players, Mane, Firmino, James, Rashford, Willian, Kante? I can’t remember NSC (away from political threads) ever being more chilled on football matters. The forum used to be fragmented on Albion issues, now it’s possibly just two posters who didn’t love seeing the ManU and Leicester brilliance.

At the risk of being whooshed, I guess this is why I can be quite chilled about losing to Leicester (they have and will beat much better teams than us) but ****ing angry when we lose to #teamslikeSaints (for example). The Championship was different - virtually every game was competitive. We now head into at least 1/3rd of games expecting nothing and it’s a massive bonus when we do get a result, and the rest hoping we get something.

That the games this season are such a change from the dirge served up last season is enough for me for now. I’m actually enjoying going again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You can probably add Aston Villa to the list soon. Crazy premier league mid table.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Whilst the points range is quite tight from fourth to the relagation places a really poor goal difference at this stage of the season is strong relegation indicator. I would confidently bet that tat least 2 if not all of the present bottom 3 will be there come May

Good point. If I remember correctly, I saw a stat recently that in the last 3 seasons, the 3 teams with the worst goal difference after 10 games, but not necessarily in the bottom 3 at the time, eventually went down.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So, when are we next going to win? Before Christmas ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not many teams will get relegated with 10 wins in a Premier league season. 6 more wins to stay up especially if they can be against Watford, Southampton & Norwich plus a few others

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Question is same results either watch shite dour 11 behind the ball defending, or Potterball.

No brainer really.

Could have actually found a manager that could win and a style that is fancied.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Not yet, but I bet he will have won more games by the end of the season though. He's had a dozen games to implement a complete change- Hughton had 4 years to shape things to his style of play.

We'll see. I've already predicted the same finish as Hughton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here