Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget the i360, a GENUINE eyesore is on the way...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can I join the list of the likers. Selma Montford is going to have a seizure though

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bit uninspiring. It looks like a shipping container. And its obviously not going to be "open early next year". They must mean 2018, but even that's probably optimistic.

I hate sushi anyway.

The five-storey building, an independent 130-cover restaurant above Moshimo, will be built offsite in a factory, transported into the city in either one or three pieces, and constructed by crane over a few days.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7667633 said:
I find that a good TOWER should get thinner at the top to look good. Like most other towers out there....

View attachment 79510

If the i360 would have done something as simple as put a couple of spires on top I think it would have looked much better and less STUMPY (excuse the shit photoshopping)

View attachment 79512

So you like them more POINTY

Fair enough.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7667633 said:
I find that a good TOWER should get thinner at the top to look good. Like most other towers out there....

View attachment 79510

If the i360 would have done something as simple as put a couple of spires on top I think it would have looked much better and less STUMPY (excuse the shit photoshopping)

View attachment 79512

I have heard a couple of months ago that they have applied for permission to add spire at the top. If they had any sense it would be perfect to offer wi-fi services over most of the city. I would be surprised if it isn't being considered but it hasn't been mentioned. In fact it would be bonkers to miss a trick like that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The five-storey building, an independent 130-cover restaurant above Moshimo, will be built offsite in a factory, transported into the city in either one or three pieces, and constructed by crane over a few days.

My flabber would still be GASTED if that thing is actually in place and open "early next year". Its only just got the approval.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Love it. I like new and old architecture together. Shame it means that the waterfront will be there to stay though. Such an ugly building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Looks a bit like a skyscraper has toppled over and has come to rest on top of the main building in the square to me (the sort of things you see in disaster movies when society has been all but destroyed and the urban areas are decaying)

Still it's better than the i360 which just looks like an industrial chimney stack from afar when driving along the A259. (when the pod is down at ground level)

And as someone already said, how does this get approval but not the hotel at the Amex?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Looks nice though I'd have preferred a bigger redevelopment of the area, tearing down Bartholomew House and the hotel (now a Jurys Inn). However that was never likely given they've given half the old council offices over to housing recently.

Funny how the angle has changed since this was first covered in the Argus last year...

3720086.jpg

(from http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1292..._the_sky____in_Brighton_s_Bartholomew_Sqaure/)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Looks nice though I'd have preferred a bigger redevelopment of the area, tearing down Bartholomew House and the hotel (now a Jurys Inn). However that was never likely given they've given half the old council offices over to housing recently.

Funny how the angle has changed since this was first covered in the Argus last year...

3720086.jpg

(from http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1292..._the_sky____in_Brighton_s_Bartholomew_Sqaure/)

from that angle or if that's how it is to be it looks awful,the first image,quirky though it was carried potential...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here